MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Switching Psych 2AA3 for Psych 2AP3 TLulu Academics 0 08-23-2010 11:34 AM
Economics 2H03 or 2D03? lizziemcg Academics 1 08-21-2010 02:01 PM
anyone planning on dropping life sci 2h03, psych 2ap3, or psych 2c03 second semester? macbaby07 Academics 2 07-12-2010 05:32 PM
healthst 2h03 or gerentol 2d03 maryam17 Academics 0 09-02-2009 07:43 PM
Psych 2AA3 noblepeanut Academics 4 08-11-2009 03:52 PM

Psych 2AA3 vs. 2H03 vs. Bio 2D03

Old 06-24-2009 at 01:05 PM   #1
Richa

Liked: 11 Times

Psych 2AA3 vs. 2H03 vs. Bio 2D03
I am selecting courses for 2nd yr life sci and want some info on the above mentioned courses. Is Dev psych better than cognition as in interesting and easier?
Also how is Bio 2D03? I am not that intersted in plants but looking at the reviews it interested me..did anyone who took this course not have interest before but liked this course? :S lol..cuz i don't rly want to get stuch wid something..but i have no clue if i would or not like it..

thnks in advance
Old 06-24-2009 at 01:57 PM   #2
moops
Elite Member

Liked: 40 Times

I'm thinking you read my review for psych 2d03. I definitely did not have an interest in plants before I took the course. Most people I know that took it didn't either. But it was an easy course and I definitely developed an interest in plants and plant physiology.

Also, if you are picking between the 3 courses, i'd suggest bio 2d03 over psych 2h03. I'm not really sure about psych 2aa3.

Richa says thanks to moops for this post.
Old 06-26-2009 at 04:22 PM   #3
Lia45

Liked: 0 Times

I took psych 2h03 and bio 2d03. I hated the stupid plants. The course was easy, but it was so boring that i couldn't even try to study. The labs were 3 hours every week!! There were 2 quizzes where you basically had to match images with their descriptions (this part was mostly multiple choice). I had a hard time with this because I didn't pay attention in the labs. The exam was much easier. It was a normal test format. The prof is Dr.Dudley and she is nice, but veryyyy unorganized. The textbook is actually pretty good for studying for the exam, but won't help you that much for the quizzes. Overall, I did not like this course.

Psych 2h03 was much better. The prof is Dr.Humphreys and she's amazing! The class is very interactive and the material is interesting. I don't mean interactive in a way where you have to answer questions, there were little memory games and things, it was fun! 6% of your mark depended on posting replies on webct to a weekly question, so easy. It didn't matter if what you said was right, you got the mark as long as you posted something. There were 3 multiple choice tests during the semester and an exam with 2 parts: the last unit and a cumulative part. Only your top 4 marks count, so if you do well enough during the semester, you only have to study the last unit for the exam. There was also an assignment based on a experiment you have to participate in, like the ones for intropsych. This course was one of my favourites.

Richa says thanks to Lia45 for this post.
Old 08-14-2009 at 06:43 PM   #4
collieee

Liked: 3 Times

Hi i took psych 2a last year.... and it was very easy for me .. and interesting

The first two lecture was more science than i liked but still easy and the rest was like personality, first yr psych and was common sense.

You learn topics like ( inorder )
neurodevelopment
sensation/ perception
piaget
kolberg ( moral development)
Frued
Carl Rogers
Karen Horney
Attachment

The teacher was great very intersting to be in her class and her test consist of MC and short ans - the MC are txtbk ques usually and the short ans are materials from the class - just know what shes talking about and record her lecture and you will be fine

The i thought was super easy, the key thing is always remeber the research she goes over in the class

I HAVE ALL THE NOTES TYPED UP AND VERY NEAT.......
and also i have the textbook

if your interested in buying it .. let me kno at [email protected]

also if you want i can highlight what was on the test too from the notes,,,, that way its an easy A