Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Psych 2E03 and/or Bio 2B03 goodnews.inc Academics 0 02-04-2011 07:01 PM

PSYCH 2B03 vs. 2E03

Old 07-18-2011 at 01:47 PM   #1
oxelhs

Liked: 11 Times

PSYCH 2B03 vs. 2E03
I can't decide whether to take B03 or E03 psych. I am pretty much taking these courses as electives and both seem to be interesting to me. Which would you recommend in terms of amount of work and level of difficulty?
Old 07-18-2011 at 01:57 PM   #2
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Have you looked at the course reviews? http://www.macinsiders.com/forumdisp...105.html?f=105
Old 07-18-2011 at 02:18 PM   #3
Manley

Liked: 14 Times

2E03 (Sensory Processes) is a fairly good course. Dr Ullal is really passionate about his teaching, and it passes on to his students. The course is primarily dedicated to vision and anatomy of the brain (plus their associated disorders and how they are caused). The course has 2 midterms that are weighted half m/c and half short answer. There are also 2 assignments where you read a journal article and answer the associated questions. There is also a cumulative exam. Also you really do not need the textbook for this course (he says himself on day 1 that only 10% of testable material comes from textbook--this material is also lectured on)

2B03 (Personality) is taught by Dr. Day--one of the most influential lecturers at McMaster in my (and many others' opinions. The course material covers Personality theories and theorists from the Humanists to Biological Bases. There are 2 m/c midterms worth 30% each and a 40% exam. Dr. Day's testing can be very difficult, but so long as you study effectively (i.e. do not rely on the online quiz examples) and read the textbook you should be fine.

When it comes down to it, I'd recommend 2B03; however, both courses are very enjoyable.
Old 07-18-2011 at 02:57 PM   #4
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Liked: 607 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxelhs View Post
I can't decide whether to take B03 or E03 psych. I am pretty much taking these courses as electives and both seem to be interesting to me. Which would you recommend in terms of amount of work and level of difficulty?
These courses are hard to register into due to lack of seats. Did you already register for both?
You may want to try and get a seat into one asap and worry about picking one after. GO!
Old 07-18-2011 at 02:57 PM   #5
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Also, +1 for personality. Taking it myself semester 1.

IqzFendi likes this.
Old 07-19-2011 at 04:48 AM   #6
IqzFendi

Liked: 41 Times

2B03 sounds awesome, I'm taking it in term 1 aswell and I've heard great things about Dr. Day!
Old 07-19-2011 at 10:04 AM   #7
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by IqzFendi View Post
2B03 sounds awesome, I'm taking it in term 1 aswell and I've heard great things about Dr. Day!
Don't we have it at like 8:30 in the morning? I might end up skipping and just watching podcasts when I get time, but maybe I'll look ya up someday :0

And yeah, only taking this course to see the amazing Dr. Day in action.
My co-workers (40 year olds at st.joes hospital) even remember Dr. Day teaching them psych at Mac lolo
Old 07-19-2011 at 10:28 AM   #8
IqzFendi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikantsepll View Post
Don't we have it at like 8:30 in the morning? I might end up skipping and just watching podcasts when I get time, but maybe I'll look ya up someday :0

And yeah, only taking this course to see the amazing Dr. Day in action.
My co-workers (40 year olds at st.joes hospital) even remember Dr. Day teaching them psych at Mac lolo
Oh it's that early?! Sigh, I'm going to have to wake up really really early cos I live in Mississauga and it takes me 45 mins to get to uni. Nevertheless, I love psych and this course sounds awesome plus I need it for my minor! Anyway, if you do skip or whatever, I'll be happy to help you out 'cause I'm most probably going to go to all the lectures!
Old 07-19-2011 at 10:33 AM   #9
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Quote:
Oh it's that early?! Sigh, I'm going to have to wake up really really early cos I live in Mississauga and it takes me 45 mins to get to uni. Nevertheless, I love psych and this course sounds awesome plus I need it for my minor! Anyway, if you do skip or whatever, I'll be happy to help you out 'cause I'm most probably going to go to all the lectures!
I live in hamilton and it takes me an hour to get to Mac -_-
But if the lecture material is as interesting as social psych was, I'll attempt waking up...maybe...

& I'm taking it for my psych minor too! *hi5
Old 07-19-2011 at 10:40 AM   #10
IqzFendi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikantsepll View Post
I live in hamilton and it takes me an hour to get to Mac -_-
But if the lecture material is as interesting as social psych was, I'll attempt waking up...maybe...

& I'm taking it for my psych minor too! *hi5
It takes you an hour to get to Mac within Hamilton?! Wow, so I guess my commute isn't that bad at all! haha

You've taken social psych? I'm taking that in term 1 too, how was it?? I'm really excited for that course!

And what other psych courses are you taking btw?

And i see you're doing an honours in Bio too! hi5 again! haha, what specialization are you considering?
Old 07-19-2011 at 10:49 AM   #11
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Quote:
It takes you an hour to get to Mac within Hamilton?! Wow, so I guess my commute isn't that bad at all! haha

You've taken social psych? I'm taking that in term 1 too, how was it?? I'm really excited for that course!

And what other psych courses are you taking btw?

And i see you're doing an honours in Bio too! hi5 again! haha, what specialization are you considering?
Social Psych was awesome. Except for the prof...bit of a bich lol. But kept things interesting in the evening 3 hr lecture.
PM/fb me laterz if you needed help/notes, though it's an easy easy course.

I'm also taking abnormal psych in semester 1, and a couple of 3rd year psych courses in semester 2. fun fun fun. As for honours bio, I'm just sticking with core. Can't seem to narrow down a specialization so just avoiding it alltogether lol. I'll just see where life takes me... *stares into space*
Old 07-19-2011 at 10:55 AM   #12
IqzFendi

haha, i shall definitely let you know if I need any help! I'm taking abnormal psych in the 2nd semester! Oh and I'm taking a few 3rd year courses as well, wt r u taking? :O
Old 07-19-2011 at 11:18 AM   #13
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Quote:
haha, i shall definitely let you know if I need any help! I'm taking abnormal psych in the 2nd semester! Oh and I'm taking a few 3rd year courses as well, wt r u taking? :O
Human Sexuality (for the giggles) and Attitudes & Beliefs (cause it looked interesting).
I might regret taking another course with Dr. O but my friend is taking it with me so might as well.