Internet provider? chanduru General Discussion 14 09-10-2011 09:28 PM
New soft drink provider dabulls General Discussion 48 09-15-2010 11:07 PM
Internet Provider atinus Computers & Tech 23 09-08-2010 11:40 PM

Public Mobile provider

Old 08-05-2012 at 09:22 AM   #1
canadianvpk

Liked: 1 Time

Public Mobile provider
Hey Guys, I came across this Public mobile provider. Seems like they have a good plan..... Any one used them or do anyone have an idea of how their service is. I know they don't have the best phones but their plans is cheaper and decent.

Please let us know if you have any opinion on it.

Here is the link to their website: http://www.publicmobile.ca/pmconsumer/

Thanks
Old 08-05-2012 at 11:23 AM   #2
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 461 Times

Hi Pradeep,

Public Mobile isn't really that good on campus, and in the Dundas area. My friend, who was with Public Mobile received virtually no signal in a lot of buildings like BSB, MUSC and TSH. It may be cheap but definitely not the provider to go with. The closest towers I can find for Public Mobile are at 644 Main St. W whereas WIND, Bell, Telus & Rogers all have towers on campus.

canadianvpk says thanks to anonanon987 for this post.
Old 08-05-2012 at 11:42 AM   #3
zango
Elite Member

Liked: 86 Times

Wind just came out with some pretty sweet back to school plans: http://forums.redflagdeals.c om/win...-back-1209407/

I'm currently stuck on robbers though.
Old 08-05-2012 at 11:43 AM   #4
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,656 Times

I wouldn't recommend a provider who thinks stating that they have android phones is a good advertising campaign.
Old 08-05-2012 at 12:11 PM   #5
canadianvpk

Liked: 1 Time

WIND Plan seems nice. It is monthly bill is exactly $40 or $40 plus tax ?..... I never bought a cell phone with any provider before so I have no idea how this works. The phone I have is through my employer so I have no idea how payment works.
Old 08-05-2012 at 12:15 PM   #6
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 526 Times

Pretty sure all prices are pre-tax
Old 08-05-2012 at 01:42 PM   #7
lifesciman1

Liked: 59 Times

There is service outside, but once inside, like in the libraries, etc the signal died.
Old 08-05-2012 at 06:47 PM   #8
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Haven't heard many good things about this provider, it seems mostly geared towards people who don't need a good phone and are new to using cell phones in general.

They have a store in Jackson Square if you're still interested..

That being said, I'm with Wind mobile. I'm not happy with the way I've been treated over the years, but their 'plans' are pretty good. Downside is that the phones have been randomly bad in the past (seems to be getting better) and they absolutely don't care about customer loyalty at all.

Last edited by RyanC : 08-05-2012 at 06:53 PM.
Old 08-05-2012 at 09:22 PM   #9
sarah2874

Liked: 13 Times

You might want to check out Koodo. I'm with them and their coverage on campus is pretty good. The only building I've had any trouble with is the student center because it has so much concrete (but even the student center is fine most of the time). The plans are VERY decently priced if you ask me (you buy a base amount of minutes, and can add on caller ID, voicemail, unlimited text messaging and, if you have a blackberry, unlimited bbm for $10 total a month).
Koodo treats all of Canada as 1 big zone so you don't pay long distance within the country. That's nice if you get homesick or just want to keep in touch with your parents if they don't live in Hamilton. They also have gift cards (for varying amounts) that they give you when you buy specific phones.
Also, the customer service is great in my experience. So, I get that I probably sound like an infomercial right now, but all in all, Koodo is cheap, has good coverage, good phones, and good customer service. It's definitely a provider to look into.