MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
random question about blender Jesse.C General Discussion 4 05-13-2013 06:58 AM
Really Random question from a first year winter02 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 08-17-2011 03:35 PM
Random Question merc67 General Discussion 8 03-04-2011 05:41 PM
Piercing place x_hikari General Discussion 5 09-26-2010 10:39 AM
Random question ... kirsten..! Residence & Housing 11 07-04-2010 02:08 PM

Random question about re-piercing ear lobes..

Old 07-15-2014 at 03:24 AM   #1
ta2012

Liked: 36 Times

Random question about re-piercing ear lobes..
Hey sorry about this random question but I had to ask!
I got my ear lobes pierced yesterday but I had to take the earrings out after 6 hours or so because they were not evenly balanced.

Does anyone know how long I have to wait until I can get them re-pierced?
Old 07-15-2014 at 08:43 AM   #2
vampin19xx

Liked: 2 Times

If you wan them re-pierced in different spots pretty sure you can just go get it done whenever.
If you want it done in the same spot I'd probably give your ears a little time to heal rather than entering the same wound again and you ending up with infected ears.

Either way, be sure to go to a tattoo parlor rather than those little cosmetic counters and get them done with a needle. Explain your situation to the piercer as well, they should know your best option.
Old 07-15-2014 at 08:40 PM   #3
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Liked: 103 Times

I think the only issue might be infection, you want to make sure that no infections are starting, if there aren't you can probably repierce whenever. Sometimes while getting them pierced if the piercer feels it isnt straight they will take it out right there on the spot and repierce it over the fresh spot.
And I agree, go to a tattoo parlour, they will know how to handle it.
Old 07-15-2014 at 11:24 PM   #4
ta2012

Liked: 36 Times

Thanks for the input
I had my first piercings from a tattoo place and they used needles. The only problem was that the piercer messed up and one hole was too low compared to the other side.
That's why this time I was thinking of going to a place like Claire's where they use a gun since in my opinion guns are easier to aim at the right marked spot.

Hopefully it'll be evenly balanced this time :(
Old 07-16-2014 at 09:59 PM   #5
vampin19xx

Liked: 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta2012 View Post
Thanks for the input
I had my first piercings from a tattoo place and they used needles. The only problem was that the piercer messed up and one hole was too low compared to the other side.
That's why this time I was thinking of going to a place like Claire's where they use a gun since in my opinion guns are easier to aim at the right marked spot.

Hopefully it'll be evenly balanced this time :(

Guns are easier to aim, sure... but they're not safe, they've come in contact with hundreds of other people's blood and are hard to clean (i.e. you can contract infections, HIV, etc.), the people at Claire's aren't trained they actually practice on teddy bears, and guns cause a lot of trauma to the skin.

It's ultimately your choice though, make sure things look clean and professional!

Risks of gun piercings: http://www.homiegfunk.com/gun.htm