MacInsiders Logo
Old 02-01-2013 at 10:47 PM   #1
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 452 Times

Raspberry Pi
Hey guys, I've been wanting to get a hold of the raspberry pi for a while now. I'd prefer to buy one from an actual store vs. secondhand from someone else. know of any canadian sources selling them for relatively cheap? I've heard that brokerage and shipping costs from europe aren't worth it.

thanks in advance!
Old 02-01-2013 at 11:37 PM   #2
Zachary

Liked: 77 Times

Much to my chagrin (being in Tron and all) I had to wiki to find out what you meant. What I can suggest is Newark - it's where we get a lot of the microcontrollers and things we use. There is another website I could recommend, but memory fails and I cannot remember the name.

A quick google search yielded this.

anon491 says thanks to Zachary for this post.
Old 02-02-2013 at 12:07 AM   #3
biglandfarm

Liked: 66 Times

I dont think there is a physical store that sells RP....but if u do find one, let me know!!

anon491 says thanks to biglandfarm for this post.
Old 02-02-2013 at 12:47 AM   #4
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Liked: 106 Times

http://www.sayal.com/

They have a store in burlington They had a decent sized display promoting Raspberry pi the last time I went in.

Give them a call and ask, I am unsure how much they are.

anon491 says thanks to Crzyrio for this post.
Old 02-02-2013 at 02:02 AM   #5
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 452 Times

Thanks guys!
Newark seems to be the easiest option at this point since all the closest stores are a pain to commute to. I did send an email to sayal to inquire about price though, I'll post what their reply is.
Old 02-02-2013 at 10:47 AM   #6
AnguishedEnd
Elite Member

Liked: 103 Times

I got mine through Newark. Total came to about ~48.00 w/ shipping.
Old 02-02-2013 at 11:43 AM   #7
qwerty91
Elite Member

Liked: 173 Times

Newark. They also have a really cheap wifi dongle for the thing which i suggest getting if you want to do anything cool with it.
Old 02-02-2013 at 12:40 PM   #8
kangs6

Liked: 13 Times

fortinos? or metro? i know they have apple pies, and pumpkin pies.

*spark*, starfish like this.