MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Student Form? Little First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-13-2010 09:59 AM
new student form Reda First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 07-07-2010 05:49 PM
New Student Form dlee First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 28 07-04-2010 11:21 AM
New Student Form Help Reda First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 07-02-2010 10:59 AM
New Student Form Due Already? shay First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 126 08-31-2009 08:45 PM

S.P.A.C.E form

Old 07-04-2011 at 07:50 PM   #1
OSid

Liked: 1 Time

S.P.A.C.E form
so this S.P.A.C.E form was forwarded to me from the economics faculty due to a certain course being full.

When filling it out a few weeks ago, i cant recall if i had put my mcmaster email or my hotmail email in the space provided. Would it make a difference?

I have sent an email to the economics faculty, but while i wait for a response, i thought it wouldn't hurt to ask on these forums

Thanks.
Old 07-04-2011 at 08:42 PM   #2
Patrick.O

Liked: 28 Times

If they're being douche-y they'll probably throw it out if it doesn't have a McMaster email on it, but they'll probably just treat it as a normal form. They might email you a response at your Mac email though.

Also, if you sent an email from your hotmail chances are it'll never get read, most people/organisations at Mac do not read or at least assign a very low priority to emails from outside a mcmaster.ca account.
Old 07-04-2011 at 08:44 PM   #3
Biochem47
Elite Member

Liked: 73 Times

I sent one in a few weeks ago too, still haven't heard...
Old 07-04-2011 at 08:47 PM   #4
amare

Liked: 22 Times

since youve sent it to a faculty other than business theyll likely consider it.....unless of course you sent it from a hotmail account
Old 07-04-2011 at 08:53 PM   #5
MichaelScarn
Elite Member

Liked: 161 Times

I sent mine in from my mac account a few weeks ago too and I still haven't heard anything. When do they usually reply by?
Old 07-04-2011 at 10:17 PM   #6
saukalra
Elite Member

Liked: 18 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard View Post
I sent mine in from my mac account a few weeks ago too and I still haven't heard anything. When do they usually reply by?
Last year when I filled the SPACE form for a 2nd year Econ course, they granted me a spot in mid August.

I had also emailed them after filling out the form and this was the reply I got:

"I will be responding to space forms beginning in early August. We must allow time for all Economics students to register before we can start assigning seats to student outside of our program. If you have already completed a space form, there is a very strong chance that you will get into the courses you have asked for but we will let you know in early August. Thank you for you patience and understanding. "

So seems like you have a very good chance of getting into the course if you have filled the form.

Biochem47, MichaelScarn, OSid all say thanks to saukalra for this post.
Old 07-05-2011 at 08:09 PM   #7
OSid

Liked: 1 Time

hmm alright, thanks for all the responses.