MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OSAP Summer School Release Date Science Rocks Academics 6 05-07-2014 12:37 AM
Bursary release date? Science Rocks General Discussion 2 02-01-2014 07:52 PM
OSAP spring/summer term Ever Academics 1 06-07-2013 02:09 PM
OSAP spring/summer term Ever First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 10 03-10-2013 09:03 PM
Spring/Summer School 2010 - Final Grade Release Date(s)? mojo88 Academics 8 06-21-2010 01:08 PM

Spring term OSAP release date.

Old 04-30-2015 at 09:52 AM   #1
RebeccaM

Liked: 2 Times

Spring term OSAP release date.
I just got off the phone with the student financial services and they said they aren't confirming enrolment until after the final add/drop date so I shouldn't expect my OSAP until at least 3 weeks into May. Is this normal for them to release it so late? The woman talked to me like I was an idiot when I said it would impact my ability to buy food/pay rent because I guess I'm stupid for not having a full time job and wealthy parents..
Old 05-01-2015 at 08:43 AM   #2
vampin19xx

I feel like the financial aid office is so faulty, they act like they're the ones lending us the money as opposed to the government and we should jump through hoops to get it from them... their site says osap release will be from May 4th to June 20th, but then also say the final date for OSAP recipients to pay their tuition is May 15th and a late fee of $35 will be charged after the 16th, and the final drop date is the 8th, so I dont get how they could be telling you three weeks into May.
Old 05-01-2015 at 09:02 AM   #3
RebeccaM

So basically the school is going to get obnoxious amounts of extra money by releasing OSAP so late that everyone has to pay an extra $35. The lady at the office was acting like I was just trying to get OSAP and not go to any classes or something, it was super rude. She also said that OSAP isn't supposed to actually fund people going to university, just "lightly assist" so it shouldn't be used for things like food and rent, which I guess in a perfect world for the uni and OSAP everyone would just have stockpiles of money laying around to give them. I'm really hoping that she was just an idiot or jerk or something cause I'm not paying a late fee if they're making it impossible to pay on time.