MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Guitars on Campus AraOfTheFunk Music 2 06-26-2013 09:36 PM
Another stolen bike :( ricechrispy Automotive & Transportation 2 02-10-2013 10:33 AM
building/modding guitars and effects jewfro9000 Music 19 09-19-2010 11:06 PM
Stolen Bike J-Met General Discussion 8 10-05-2008 12:25 PM

STOLEN Gretsch, Fender guitars

Old 02-09-2014 at 11:41 AM   #1
simonedwards6

Liked: 0 Times

STOLEN Gretsch, Fender guitars
Hey MacInsiders, last night (early morning Feb 9th), one of my nightmares came true when my band, Of Gentlemen & Cowards', white van got broken into.

First and foremost, the most important thing is that nobody was injured. While we have already contacted Hamilton Police concerning the incident, the far greater possibility is that whoever broke into the van will look to sell the two guitars (each in hard cases) and pedal board at a local pawn shop or online via Kijiji or Craigslist. *****Therefore, we're asking you all to please comment on this with any information as to local pawn shops around the Greater Hamilton & Toronto Area where we can deliver preemptive flyers to.*****

One of the guitars taken was my maroon Grestch hollowbody guitar, the very same one I had the opportunity to play with in New York on The Late Show with Letterman (see guitar here: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd7Y2c4GW9E). Understandably so, the guitar means the world to me more than any other guitar that I had in that van. The other guitar that was taken was a white Fender Stratocaster, belonging to Josh, who's sentimental value extends beyond anyone can imagine. Here are the specs of the stolen gear:

Gretsch G5422TDC Electromatic Hollow Body (Walnut Satin, Serial Number: KS11074047) *Note the white pick guard - the plastic part underneath where you strum - was removed from the guitar (post-Letterman), making it significantly distinguishable from the vast majority of other similar guitars*
Fender Mexican Stratocaster (Alpine White, Serial number: MZ1082779)
BOSS Pedal Board
BOSS FDR-1 Fender Deluxe Reverb Pedal
BOSS CS-3 Compression Sustainer Pedal
BOSS OD-3 OverDrive Pedal
BOSS DD-3 Digital Delay Pedal
Korg True Bypass Tuner Pedal
AKG WMS40 MINI2 Dual Instrumental Guitar Wireless System

Thank you so much in advance, any suggestions help tremendously.
Old 02-09-2014 at 12:02 PM   #2
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

That truly blows dude! I don't know any names, but there's quite a number of pawn shops downtown; one or two on James N, north of mulberry, a music store at James and cannon, a whole bunch around King/Furguson, and two of which has a sizable instrument collection.

I'll try to keep a lookout.. good luck man. Where was it parked, if you don't mind saying?
Old 02-09-2014 at 01:47 PM   #3
Theashe

Liked: 29 Times

As well as pawn shops, some local music stores accept trade-ins for cash. I would probably give them a call ask them to watch out for the instruments.

Ideas that come to mind are:
Picks and Sticks Music - (905) 528-6058
Mountain Music - (905) 574-2800
Absolute Music - (905) 318-7447

It's awful that happened to you. A guitar is a lot more to a musician than a piece of wood with strings. Best of luck getting your gear back.