MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Student Card MacDai First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-29-2010 10:40 PM
McMaster Student Card = GO Transit Student ID (2009) goodnews.inc MacInsiders Announcements 10 09-01-2009 01:55 PM
No ID Student Card? Stacieee First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 16 09-01-2009 12:22 AM
When do we get our student id card? meerf First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 35 08-31-2007 11:28 AM

Student ID Card

Old 08-20-2010 at 10:54 AM   #1
Hakurei

Liked: 0 Times

Student ID Card
Hey. I haven't received my student ID card yet but I'm pretty sure I meet all the requirements. On the site, it says that I need to meet my academic and financial requirements and I believe I've done those already.

So far, I've applied for courses and I've sent in the New Student Form as well. As for the payment agreement form, I've confirmed my method of payment but haven't paid the initial fee just yet. Perhaps that's the problem? I'll pay it later today.

Any help would be appreciated as I need my student ID card for OSAP certificate pick up. Thank you.
Old 08-20-2010 at 10:57 AM   #2
Jellybeanz

Liked: 23 Times

Did you send in the New Student Form before the deadline?
Old 08-20-2010 at 10:58 AM   #3
Hakurei

I'm pretty sure I sent it before the deadline. I sent it more than a month ago.
Old 08-20-2010 at 11:07 AM   #4
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Sounds like you did everything necessary. I would contact the registrar right now.
Old 08-20-2010 at 11:16 AM   #5
Hakurei

Okay thank you.

Do you know what email address I should send it to?
Old 08-20-2010 at 11:26 AM   #6
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

I would just call . You get a faster response. I called yesterday I didnt have not wait long.
Old 08-20-2010 at 11:30 AM   #7
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakurei View Post
Okay thank you.

Do you know what email address I should send it to?
registrar.mcmaster.ca has all the contact information. I would highly suggest calling them instead if you can. e-mails can get ignored or lost in the hundreds that they get.
Old 08-20-2010 at 11:32 AM   #8
Hakurei

Okay. Thanks for the help. If there are any further complications, I will update the thread.
Old 08-20-2010 at 10:49 PM   #9
wenbc

did u pay yet?
Old 08-20-2010 at 11:08 PM   #10
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by wenbc View Post
did u pay yet?
you dont have to until sept 1st
Old 08-20-2010 at 11:08 PM   #11
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by wenbc View Post
did u pay yet?
You don't need to pay your tuition in order to get your card.
Old 08-20-2010 at 11:19 PM   #12
optimism

Liked: 14 Times

I too haven't received my card yet, even though I did send my information early July, and I'm also a first year student...could that be the reason? first years get theirs late?

Hakurei can you please update me with whatever happens, 'cause I kept calling them today and the line was always busy :(
Old 08-20-2010 at 11:23 PM   #13
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimism View Post
I too haven't received my card yet, even though I did send my information early July, and I'm also a first year student...could that be the reason? first years get theirs late?

Hakurei can you please update me with whatever happens, 'cause I kept calling them today and the line was always busy :(
Only first years receive their cards. As long as you sent in the information and are fully registered then you are good. You can check your registration status on MUGSI in Program and Course Summary.
Old 08-20-2010 at 11:55 PM   #14
optimism

Liked: 14 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Only first years receive their cards. As long as you sent in the information and are fully registered then you are good. You can check your registration status on MUGSI in Program and Course Summary.
I just checked my registration status and everything is good and looks just fine. I don't know where the problem is. Also, what do you mean by only first years receive their cards? Does that mean students stick with the same card all throughout university?? lol I hope not
Old 08-21-2010 at 12:16 AM   #15
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimism View Post
I just checked my registration status and everything is good and looks just fine. I don't know where the problem is. Also, what do you mean by only first years receive their cards? Does that mean students stick with the same card all throughout university?? lol I hope not
Are you out of province? If you are you might have to pick it up when you move-in...

Yes, you keep your card for all 4 years.