MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Realistic Job Opportunities for Life Science Graduates chelseac First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 07-03-2012 12:22 AM
Electives for Life Science students AnanC206 Academics 6 06-23-2012 10:30 PM
life science/biology students doppelganger Academics 19 08-16-2011 03:58 PM
laptops for life science students shawarama First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 24 08-21-2010 12:38 PM
Prospective students of Life Science 1 ishk33 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 07-07-2008 04:21 PM

TA Opportunities for Life Science Students

Old 11-18-2013 at 11:54 AM   #1
bradyr

Liked: 10 Times

TA Opportunities for Life Science Students
Hey guys,

What are some TA positions available for Honours Life Science students? Specifically, does anyone have any advice for becoming a Life Sci 2A03 TA?

I had the course last year and was wondering how do they select TAs for this course? Do you need to have a 12 in the course to become a TA in the first place, or would an 11 suffice?

It's really hard for Life Science Students to become TAs for Biology Labs or Biology Tutorials or Chemistry Labs/Tutorials because they want students specific to their program. Does anyone know of any other TA opportunities for Life Science students? Thanks.
Old 11-18-2013 at 07:28 PM   #2
kitty1
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 26 Times

they post positions on here whenever they need to http://www.science.mcmaster. ca/lif...rtunities.html keep an eye out on that site they post up the requirements and applications and everything. i don't think they'd have any 2A03 positions available i remember the application going up a while before classes started. maybe next year.

bradyr says thanks to kitty1 for this post.

bradyr likes this.
Old 11-19-2013 at 05:03 PM   #3
bradyr

Liked: 10 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty1 View Post
they post positions on here whenever they need to http://www.science.mcmaster. ca/lif...rtunities.html keep an eye out on that site they post up the requirements and applications and everything. i don't think they'd have any 2A03 positions available i remember the application going up a while before classes started. maybe next year.
Thanks kitty1! I was just wondering if an 11 would be competitive for a TA position, and work experience. I really want to be a TA, but I don't mind waiting until next year or anything.
Old 11-19-2013 at 09:06 PM   #4
kitty1
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 26 Times

no problem! i cant tell you for sure i don't have first hand experience with this but i believe 11 should be good. because you're going to get called for an interview based on your marks AND your application. and obviously the interview matters a lot once you get to that stage. you should still try, doesn't matter if you have an 11 instead of a 12, 11 is still a very good mark!