MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
taking 2nd year summer courses wjd1dud First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 07-15-2011 12:03 PM
Those taking Physics/English in Summer School luna Academics 0 03-30-2011 02:08 PM
taking orgo chem & Biochem 2EE3 in summer minji Academics 5 07-13-2010 12:42 AM

Taking Chem 2OB3 during the school year after taking 2OA3 during the summer...

Old 08-17-2011 at 03:15 PM   #1
oranges

Liked: 34 Times

Taking Chem 2OB3 during the school year after taking 2OA3 during the summer...
Has anyone here done this before? I'm slightly worried because orgo isn't exactly my forte by any means, and reviewing all the material from 2OA3 while also dealing with the new 2OB3 material seems kind of overwhelming.

I was also thinking I could take 2OB3 next summer to give me more time to focus on orgo in its entirety, but that would mean it'd be a gap of a year between the two courses.

Any advice?
Old 08-17-2011 at 06:27 PM   #2
oxelhs

Liked: 11 Times

Just take both during the summer if you can; it'll force you to focus solely on orgo which is a very good thing when studying

oranges says thanks to oxelhs for this post.
Old 08-17-2011 at 06:48 PM   #3
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

If you just took Orgo with Teri, I'll tell you what she told me. Do both Orgos together. Don't leave a gap between them. If you take one and delay 2OB3, then retake 2OA. What's the worst that will happen? You'll do much better if you put in the work, with tuition being so high, one course is pretty much nothing, and you won't worry about being shaky when you start 2OB3.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

oranges says thanks to goodnews.inc for this post.
Old 08-17-2011 at 07:00 PM   #4
lankan_4lif

Liked: 9 Times

Yeah, it's recommended that you should take them one after another because Chem 2OB3 builds up on concepts learned in Chem 2OA3. With that said, I took Chem 2OA3 during the year (Fall 2010) and took Chem 2OB3 just this past summer and I did well in Chem 2OB3. It can be done but taking a whole year off between the two is not a very good idea.

oranges says thanks to lankan_4lif for this post.
Old 08-17-2011 at 07:47 PM   #5
oranges

Liked: 34 Times

I probably should have mentioned that I took 2OA3 this past summer and plan on taking 2OB3 during the year, so there's going to be a gap for me either way.

But thank you all for the advice. I guess I'll take 2OB3 during the year and just get it over with rather than delay the inevitable. It's good to know it's not impossible, though.