MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Girls Field Hockey kuruczpa Athletics & Recreation 0 09-08-2010 07:44 PM
Your opinion on the MSU lorend General Discussion 14 11-18-2009 12:53 AM
HSR bus stops - your opinion now adrian General Discussion 65 11-11-2009 12:26 AM
Opinion Please frantic General Discussion 5 05-06-2009 01:36 AM
Body Art Series Pt1: Tattoos kokosas Misc 8 06-30-2008 09:18 AM

tattoos on girls: your opinion

Old 09-28-2010 at 06:01 PM  
mac_nurse90
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 2 Times

tattoos on girls: your opinion

Warning: This post has been reported
This post has been flagged as violating the MacInsiders Code Of Conduct, and is being reviewed by one of our staff. It may contain offensive material. Click here to view.

Old 09-28-2010 at 06:03 PM   #1
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times

Girls with tattoos is fine, this isn't the 1950's where tattoos on people (girls) are considered taboo.
Old 09-28-2010 at 06:03 PM   #2
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

Honestly? I don't think tattoos look good. I don't think anyone would consider it a deal breaker or anything, but its not a nice feature. That's just my personal taste though- there are probably guys who love tattoos.

That said, if its something meaningful to you and you want it, go for it. Just don't get something that you'll regret when you're older.

Entropy, ~*Sara*~ like this.
Old 09-28-2010 at 06:05 PM   #3
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

This thread is going to get very big very fast.

There isn't anything unfeminine about tattoos, in my opinion, just ways of carrying oneself. I've seen the most "feminine" girls carry themselves in atrocious ways, more ape than human.

If your friends and family are worried about things such as prospective employment, employers are going to find ways to not hire you, tattoos or not. Besides, we're n a country where if you feel you have been treated unjustly, you can take your case up and actually have the other person penalized.

I don't see how one tattoo is going to ruin your life. And there are guys who don't like tattoos on girls, but there are also guys who do/don't mind.
Old 09-28-2010 at 06:06 PM   #4
VastHorizon
Elite Member

Liked: 128 Times

Sorry, but you missed the 70's train. That and Woodstock.
Old 09-28-2010 at 06:19 PM   #5
temptingf8
Elite Member

Liked: 129 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_nurse90 View Post
men don't like it (that's pretty much a big factor right now)
If that has sway in whether or not you should get one, you're going about it all wrong. I don't how how to say this without being all public service announcement cheesy, but get it for you and only you.

I like tattoos done right. Girls getting them to impress guys isn't done right, that's a tramp stamp no matter the location.
Old 09-28-2010 at 06:20 PM   #6
amyshi

Liked: 19 Times

My law teacher has so many tattoos of anything to do with the Philippines, and his advice was to post a picture of your tattoo in a place where you look at often and if you get tired of it within a week. DON'T get it.

Old 09-28-2010 at 06:20 PM   #7
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

I see no issue, but I know a lot of guys who will actually not date a girl if she has a tattoo. It can be dealbreaking material. On the other hand, some guys love them, so really, much like a lot of other things about who you are and what you look like....some will like and some will not. So if you want it, go for it.
Old 09-28-2010 at 06:23 PM   #8
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

How a Tattoo appears to people when you're a teen to like ~40 absolute max (if you manage to stay looking young):

How a Tattoo appears to people when you're 50+:

D:

How a Tatoo appears to people when you're 70+:

----

In other words, sure it will look cool now, but keep in mind - you will age.

Old 09-28-2010 at 06:23 PM   #9
Boolean

Liked: 169 Times

I don't see tattoos as a negative on girls as long as they're kinda subtle, nothing wrong with one here or there especially if its something like what you explained.

On a side note: I personally find "tramp stamps" and women peppered in tattoos a turn off though, but thats just me.

BTW: worst case scenario, you let someone in Eng Phys burn it off with a laser

if(at_first_you_dont_su cceed) break;

Old 09-28-2010 at 06:34 PM   #10
thedog123123
Crazy Physicist

Liked: 313 Times

tattoos on anyone looks horrible. If you are not happy with your body the way you were born with it then get some help. just my two cents....

Now pleas quote me with nasty things like I know you will

AelyaS, bawb, J-Met like this.
Old 09-28-2010 at 06:51 PM   #11
RoyK
Zetsubou Sensei

Liked: 71 Times

relevent

Old 09-28-2010 at 06:56 PM   #12
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Yes, girls can get tattoos! Its is completely gender selective and biased to say they cannot. The only thing it has to do with is the person who wants to get one; her, and her alone. No, I personally would not want one but that is just me (and this is not about me). If you want you then you should have (and you obviously do, so good on ya!) have enough self-confidence to get one, no matter what other think. If they can't accept you for who you are, then tough.
Old 09-28-2010 at 06:57 PM   #13
RoyK
Zetsubou Sensei

Liked: 71 Times

Also, if the right kind of girl has the right kind of tattoo, it is just damn sexy. Just throwing it out there.
Old 09-28-2010 at 06:57 PM   #14
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedog123123 View Post
If you are not happy with your body the way you were born with it then get some help. just my two cents....
I don't really understand your argument. Tattooing is a form of body ornamentation, just like ear piercings. Does that mean anyone wish their ears (or anything else, for that matter) is unhappy with their bodies?

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement