MacInsiders Logo

For those that took Math 1A03/1AA3 or are taking it now

Old 01-20-2011 at 08:10 PM   #1
Reddishh

Liked: 0 Times

For those that took Math 1A03/1AA3 or are taking it now
The course outline says the first assignment on Webassign is due this friday. does that mean it's due by 12:00 AM tomorrow (within 3 hours) or it's due by Saturday morning?

any help is greatly appreciated!

thanks!
Old 01-20-2011 at 08:13 PM   #2
justinsftw
Elite Member

Liked: 342 Times

For 1AA3, it's due tomorrow a minute before midnight. It's the same concept for 1A03, in which it's due 1 minute before whatever date is listed on WebAssign.
Old 01-20-2011 at 08:13 PM   #3
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 815 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddishh View Post
is due this friday

Quote:
does that mean it's due by Saturday
..................... ..................... ......

L'Étoile, mcmasterrrrr like this.
Old 01-20-2011 at 08:16 PM   #4
Reddishh

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsftw View Post
For 1AA3, it's due tomorrow a minute before midnight. It's the same concept for 1A03, in which it's due 1 minute before whatever date is listed on WebAssign.
so you mean it's due 11:59 pm tomorrow not 11:59 today?
Old 01-20-2011 at 08:22 PM   #5
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Quote:
so you mean it's due 11:59 pm tomorrow not 11:59 today?
Yes, that's what Justin meant so you have 26-ish hours to complete it. Because technically Friday ends at 11:59 PM tomorrow. Past 12AM tomorrow night is counted as Saturday.
Old 01-20-2011 at 10:38 PM   #6
Watoko
Elite Member

Liked: 126 Times

Looks like someone is literally going to finish it LAST MINUTE!
Old 01-22-2011 at 01:37 PM   #7
JL37

Liked: 5 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watoko View Post
Looks like someone is literally going to finish it LAST MINUTE!
I see what you did there
Old 01-23-2011 at 12:14 PM   #8
Commander
P.I.M.P

Liked: 63 Times

No offense but math in that course is so easy compared to what we are doing.
Old 01-23-2011 at 12:33 PM   #9
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
No offense but math in that course is so easy compared to what we are doing.
Dude you're in first year, you weren't here when engs had to take 1ZZ5. Also, 2Z03 and 2ZZ3 would like a word with you next year. Enjoy your Laplace transforms next year and Fourier analysis third year ;]

Mahratta likes this.
Old 01-23-2011 at 12:56 PM   #10
Commander
P.I.M.P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist11 View Post
Dude you're in first year, you weren't here when engs had to take 1ZZ5. Also, 2Z03 and 2ZZ3 would like a word with you next year. Enjoy your Laplace transforms next year and Fourier analysis third year ;]
Idiot, 1zz5 is equivalent to a part of 1zb3 and 1zc3. Not much had change except course names.

You aren't even an engineer student.

And you're proving my point because first year eng math is harder than the math Sci guys are taking.

I am not afraid of math. I normally learn it before because there's some physics that I have to understand. That's why I had to go through pain of self study to learn vector calculus for Maxwell equations... (learning the math was soo borin..)

And now I have to to learn and master Differential equations... (Yes I know Maxwell equations are PDE even if you can write them in integral form but I skipped the chapters for SDE)

Last edited by Commander : 01-23-2011 at 01:00 PM.
Old 01-23-2011 at 01:01 PM   #11
eullwm
Elite Member

Liked: 221 Times

1A03/1AA3 are stupid. The course layout is stupid (integrals before derivatives in 1A03? What?), the testing is stupid (written solutions with no part marks) and the profs are worthless. 1Z04/1ZZ5 were easier with multiple choice so you could at least reason out/guess solutions and had decent profs. Oh, and the freebie Maple marks.

ps. The engineering maths and the science maths are basically equal. Maybe one section missing here or there, but it's the same textbook, same problems, etc. Stop being a ****** about engineering.

Old 01-23-2011 at 01:02 PM   #12
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Quote:
Idiot, 1zz5 is equivalent to a part of 1zb3 and 1zc3. Not much had change except course names.

You aren't even an engineer student.

And you're proving my point because first year eng math is harder than the math Sci guys are taking.

I am not afraid of math. I normally learn it before because there's some physics that I have to understand. That's why I had to go through pain of self study to learn vector calculus for Maxwell equations... (learning the math was soo borin..)

And now I have to to learn and master Differential equations...
Yawn. I hate explaining myself to people like you.

I'll try to make it nice and simple so you understand:

Having two math courses covering the same information means both courses move slower, and although you have to write two exams, you have more lecture time during the year thereby making it far easier.

Last year, for 1ZZ5 the students had 4 real lectures per week where they learned new material. You guys have 2x3 = 6 lectures per week. That means you have an extra two hours per week to learn the same amount of material. 13 weeks in the term means 26 extra hours of class. And in your own words, everything is the same except the names right? So you don't learn anything extra in the 26 hours of class. Last year and every year prior to this one, the engineers had their math course move far faster than yours because they didn't have an extra 26 hours to **** around with.
Old 01-23-2011 at 01:11 PM   #13
Commander
P.I.M.P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist11 View Post
Yawn. I hate explaining myself to people like you.

I'll try to make it nice and simple so you understand:

Having two math courses covering the same information means both courses move slower, and although you have to write two exams, you have more lecture time during the year thereby making it far easier.

Last year, for 1ZZ5 the students had 4 real lectures per week where they learned new material. You guys have 2x3 = 6 lectures per week. That means you have an extra two hours per week to learn the same amount of material. 13 weeks in the term means 26 extra hours of class. And in your own words, everything is the same except the names right? So you don't learn anything extra in the 26 hours of class. Last year and every year prior to this one, the engineers had their math course move far faster than yours because they didn't have an extra 26 hours to **** around with.
Actually I don't care because I know pretty much at least 90% of the math in 1zb3+1zc3. So I'll speak for other eng 1st year...

Math SINGLE VARIABLE is easy as taking a walk in park. It doesn't take much dedication to it.
I am taking 7 courses so don't bring me that crap of not having time. (micro doesn't count so its 6)

And it's like you said, we have 6 lectures per week they had 4.... And we learn material at same time. We do some single variable and multi at same time not really coherent. While in 1zz5, they had a good slow progress but we get two different things at once .

That's the course outline for 1aa3.

"For students in science: additional techniques of integration, applications of definite integrals, differential equations, polar coordinates, parametrized curves. Sequences, infinite series, power series. Partial derivatives. "

Umm, 1Zc3 : (integration part is in 1Zb3 with parametrized curves, sequences and series were in 1za3)

"Partial derivatives, multiple integrals, complex numbers, vector spaces, systems of linear equations, matrices, determinants, introduction to mathematical software."

And for some reason we are doing multiple integrals and single variable integrals at the same time... I guess that's engineering studies....

Last edited by Commander : 01-23-2011 at 01:15 PM.
Old 01-23-2011 at 01:15 PM   #14
Commander
P.I.M.P

It's funny Kamran because you know nothing.
Old 01-23-2011 at 01:56 PM   #15
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Quote:
It's funny Kamran because you know nothing.
Oh please. I haven't said one incorrect thing this entire thread, and you keep going on about how you learned differential equations and **** by yourself. I said 1ZZ5 moves faster than the maths this year, and you actually have the audacity to say:
"We do some single variable and multi at same time not really coherent. While in 1zz5, they had a good slow progress but we get two different things at once ."

GOOD, SLOW PROGRESS for 1zz5? HOW THE **** is it SLOW if they cover the same amount of material in 26 fewer hours throughout the term?

Like seriously dude, what are you on about? You keep blabbering about **** you think you know. Oh damn man, you read a math textbook on your own and learned some differential equations!11!!!

If you want to learn real math, talk to Mahratta. Learning something in the textbook doesn't mean you understand anything about engineering math and how its run.

alh24, Mahratta like this.