MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Experiences with Athabasca University? blackdragon Academics 16 05-04-2011 03:08 PM
Your thoughts on... Goce General Discussion 5 04-22-2009 08:04 PM
Help!!!! (First year Mac experiences) deetee Academics 20 05-25-2008 03:01 PM

Thoughts/Experiences with the following courses...

Old 06-12-2011 at 08:48 PM   #1
BonnieH

Liked: 0 Times

Thoughts/Experiences with the following courses...
Hi,

I've accumulated a list of courses that I think would be of interest to me in terms of electives. However, my next step is finding out which ones are the most to my advantage in terms of professor and marks. Has anyone taken any of the following courses:
  • INQUIRY 2HS3: CONTROVERSIAL ISSUES IN HEALTH
  • ARTS&SCI 1B06: WRITING AND INFORMAL LOGIC
  • ARTS&SCI 2E03: ECONOMICS PRINCIPLES AND POLICY
  • ARTS&SCI 3CP3 INQUIRY TOPIC: MEDIA I
  • ARTS&SCI 3BB3: TECHNOLOGY AND SOCIETY II
  • ARTS&SCI 3CF3 I: INQUIRY TOPIC: DISCOVERY: THE CONTEXT OF SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH I
  • ECON 1B03: INTRODUCTORY MICROECONOMICS
  • ECON 1BB3: INTRODUCTORY MACROECONOMICS
  • FRENCH 1A06: INTRODUCTION TO FRENCH STUDIES: ADVANCED LEVEL
  • HLTH AGE 1AA3: INTRODUCTION TO HEALTH STUDIES
  • HLTH AGE 1BB3: AGING AND SOCIETY
I know it's a lot, but I read somewhere that inquiry courses are pretty easy, so I was wondering if others think so between the ones above if anyone has taken either of them.
Old 06-12-2011 at 08:54 PM   #2
RankNullity

Liked: 27 Times

Both Econs are relatively easy and usually do not require too much effort or brainpower on your part. For Econ 1B03, the notes are always posted online, and the prof reads them word for word in lectures. For Econ 1BB3, the notes are not posted online but there are podcasts in case you cannot make it to the lecture. If effort is put into these courses, a 12 is easily within your grasp.

BonnieH says thanks to RankNullity for this post.
Old 06-12-2011 at 09:00 PM   #3
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

For the last 5, you an get a really thorough idea through the 1st year course reviews here: http://www.macinsiders.com/forumdisp...104.html?f=104

BonnieH says thanks to ~*Sara*~ for this post.
Old 06-12-2011 at 09:07 PM   #4
kimzy

Liked: 48 Times

health studies was easy but i had dr penner not sure if he will be teaching that anymore since the original prof is back.

BonnieH says thanks to kimzy for this post.
Old 06-12-2011 at 09:25 PM   #5
siddiquo

Liked: Liked 3 Times

French 1A06 is great. At least, I thought so. A mostly easy course if you focus and keep up with the work.
Old 06-12-2011 at 09:37 PM   #6
marcie

Liked: 119 Times

Don't underestimate Econ 1B03. I took it cause I was told it would be birdy and an easy 12 - I don't know if it's just cause I was a dumb first year at the time, but it ended up being one of my lowest marks ever. And so boring. I wouldn't recommend it unless you're really into the subject.