MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Timetable changes catnguyen First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 11 08-08-2011 10:27 PM
New to this - Timetable help please!? omgwtfitsp Academics 4 08-08-2011 08:09 AM
Should I just keep this timetable? Theashe Academics 10 08-12-2010 02:03 PM
My Mock Timetable vs. Assigned Timetable Theashe First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-11-2010 01:57 PM
When is the timetable out? jubilantx Academics 6 08-06-2010 10:19 PM

timetable help

Old 08-07-2012 at 07:36 PM   #1
m94m

Liked: 1 Time

timetable help
So on my timetable it says...

LABR ST - 2D - Sectioning conflict tutorial
LABR ST - 2D - Sectioning conflict core
MATH - 1D - Sectioning conflict tutorial
MATH - 1D - Sectioning conflict core

I dont really know what this means or how to fix it. I know I have to do something with SOLAR when it reopens tomorrow. However, I work all day tomorrow and will have trouble dropping and adding new classes. What are the chances i will be able to get to into a class late tomorrow?
Old 08-07-2012 at 07:42 PM   #2
-Ish-

Liked: 56 Times

Sectioning conflict means that you have the tutorial/core conflicting with something else at the same time. So, you'll have to move the tuts/core to a different time.
This might help:
https://adweb.cis.mcmaster.ca /mtt/

Spots are usually available early in the morning/afternoon. If you can't get in today. Keep looking for openings till the beginning of Sept - you'll find random openings on days when Profs. open up a few seats / students drop courses / change stuff around.

m94m says thanks to -Ish- for this post.
Old 08-07-2012 at 08:37 PM   #3
Kevinabrahak

Liked: 8 Times

use the link provided http://asylumartists.com/mcmaster/generator.html ( time table generator ) to prepare a conflict-free timetable before SOLAR reopens on August 9th. Take a screenshot of your cores/tut/lab sections once you've prepared your conflict-free timetable. Trust me, this will really help you organise your work before logging in to SOLAR for switching your cores/tuts around as you will have to in order to get rid of "sectioning conflict".

As Ish mentioned, if your unable to register for a specific time slot, dont panic, you've got time until September 1st. Spots will open up.

m94m says thanks to Kevinabrahak for this post.