MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Titles Book-list 2011/2012 ~*Sara*~ MacInsiders Announcements 7 08-18-2011 06:10 PM
Registration for 2011-2012 --HP-- General Discussion 0 05-01-2011 08:25 PM
Titles Book List?? feonateresa General Discussion 27 07-05-2009 12:56 AM
Titles Book List is Out! kokosas MacInsiders Announcements 86 07-04-2009 12:52 AM

Titles Book-list 2011/2012

Old 08-05-2011 at 04:55 PM   #16
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by herBs View Post
Alright thanks, I was just asking for a general range in which people drop the price from Titles.
Oh yeah, I know . But what I meant is, it doesn't necessarily have to be within that range, it can be a lot less. But that's regarding my experience with Science textbooks specifically, not sure if applies to other faculties as well :/
Old 08-05-2011 at 05:17 PM   #17
vinny06

Liked: 3 Times

Even though the book list is up, should I wait for classes to start and see what the prof says about getting/not getting certain material?

Also, if I wait to order until after classes start, will I have to wait long to get my textbooks?
Old 08-05-2011 at 05:18 PM   #18
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny06 View Post
Even though the book list is up, should I wait for classes to start and see what the prof says about getting/not getting certain material?

Also, if I wait to order until after classes start, will I have to wait long to get my textbooks?
Yep, it's best to wait until after the first class at least to see what the prof says about required vs recommended books, what editions are accepted, etc.

It depends, where are you planning on ordering them from?
Old 08-05-2011 at 05:20 PM   #19
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 461 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
Oh yeah, I know . But what I meant is, it doesn't necessarily have to be within that range, it can be a lot less. But that's regarding my experience with Science textbooks specifically, not sure if applies to other faculties as well :/
Haha I think it applies to Econ books as well. I found someone willing to sell their textbook for $20 . Found my first term Comp Sci book online so that's also taken care of. Currently at 3/5 done finding.
Old 08-05-2011 at 05:24 PM   #20
vinny06

Quote:
Yep, it's best to wait until after the first class at least to see what the prof says about required vs recommended books, what editions are accepted, etc.

It depends, where are you planning on ordering them from?
Yea, I think I'll wait to see what the profs say about the material before actually making the purchase

I was planning to buy it from Titles. I would assume that they would be well stocked, yes?
Old 08-05-2011 at 05:26 PM   #21
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 461 Times

Quote:
Yea, I think I'll wait to see what the profs say about the material before actually making the purchase

I was planning to buy it from Titles. I would assume that they would be well stocked, yes?
On new material yeah but on used, not so much.
Old 08-05-2011 at 05:28 PM   #22
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:

If that's the case, then you don't need to "order", although I think they have an online ordering system as well. You can literally walk in and pick up the book, so you don't need to worry about ordering time.
Old 08-05-2011 at 05:36 PM   #23
vinny06

I was planning to buy them new so as long as they're stocked on those I think I'll be fine

Yea, i'll be living on campus so i'll probably just end up waking in.

Thanks!
Old 08-05-2011 at 05:36 PM   #24
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by herBs View Post
Haha I think it applies to Econ books as well. I found someone willing to sell their textbook for $20 . Found my first term Comp Sci book online so that's also taken care of. Currently at 3/5 done finding.
Oh ok, good to know. Haha, awesome! And you still have a month to go, good job .

Quote:

Oh then, you don't need to order it, they'll be right in the store. However, sometimes, they can run out if their ordered books haven't yet arrived by the first week of school or so. But you can check how many are in stock on the Titles website. Overall though, you shouldn't have a problem if you buy then after the first 1 or 2 classes
Old 08-05-2011 at 05:42 PM   #25
vinny06

Quote:
Oh ok, good to know. Haha, awesome! And you still have a month to go, good job .

Oh then, you don't need to order it, they'll be right in the store. However, sometimes, they can run out if their ordered books haven't yet arrived by the first week of school or so. But you can check how many are in stock on the Titles website. Overall though, you shouldn't have a problem if you buy then after the first 1 or 2 classes
Yea I was on the Titles website yesterday and I looked up textbooks for two of my courses. For both of them there were less than a hundred in stock, but it did mention that they had 1000 on order so I think I'll be fine.
Old 08-05-2011 at 10:54 PM   #26
Angoose
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

Oh wow, they changed the Organic Chemistry textbook.
Old 08-05-2011 at 11:11 PM   #27
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angoose View Post
Oh wow, they changed the Organic Chemistry textbook.
Oh wow, I just keep getting luckier every year, when they decide to change the books just as I'm about to sell them :(. Oh well. Honestly, though I hated that textbook, I've definitely seen better. It's a new textbook too, 1st edition is 2011, so it sucks that everyone is going to have to buy the textbook new this year.
Old 08-05-2011 at 11:23 PM   #28
Angoose
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

Quote:
Oh wow, I just keep getting luckier every year, when they decide to change the books just as I'm about to sell them :(. Oh well. Honestly, though I hated that textbook, I've definitely seen better. It's a new textbook too, 1st edition is 2011, so it sucks that everyone is going to have to buy the textbook new this year.
Haha, was the orgo textbook as bad as the first year chem text? I felt that it was horrible as well.
Old 08-05-2011 at 11:26 PM   #29
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angoose View Post
Haha, was the orgo textbook as bad as the first year chem text? I felt that it was horrible as well.
Honestly, I thought it was worse, even though the first year chem text wasn't that great either. I used 1 or 2 other textbooks and they were much better in my opinion
Old 08-06-2011 at 12:31 AM   #30
MirandaC

Liked: 41 Times

For at least three of my classes that are up so far it says I need a clicker. Can I just buy one for all the classes that require one?