MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
help in transferring from first year social sciences to level II life science Parika Tewari General Discussion 9 06-10-2014 01:35 AM
Transferring to Level 2 Commerce From Life Science macnoob Academics 3 06-09-2013 03:39 PM
Transferring from Life Science to Nursing..? chelseac First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 11-14-2011 12:33 PM
Transferring from Life Science to Health Science MichaelScarn Academics 12 07-06-2011 10:39 AM
Transferring from Mac to Brock Matt Hills Academics 3 01-06-2009 06:22 PM

Transferring to Mcmaster Life Science from Brock

Old 07-15-2018 at 02:54 PM   #1
tajshar2k

Liked: 0 Times

Transferring to Mcmaster Life Science from Brock
Due to certain circumstances, I have to attend Brock for my first year of undergrad. My plan however is to switch to McMaster Life Science. The reason I want to switch is that McMaster has great research opportunities when compared to Brock.

I was able to get into this BSc program at Brock where there weren't any pre-reqs that were required, so my plan was to take the appropriate credits that were required for the 2nd year of life science at McMaster, and transfer that way. I checked McMaster's website regarding the course equivalency and I just chose the courses that corresponded. I have a few questions regarding this whole process, so if anybody could help me out, that would be great

How would I apply to a 2nd year program at McMaster as a transfer student? For Level II Life Science, it says you apply through Mosaic, but how will I do that, if I'm not a student at McMaster?

Is McMaster usually picky with the courses that they accept for transfer? It did say that on the website that courses listed does not guarantee admission.

Any other advice in general?

I know the standard protocol is to just talk to an academic adviser, and I have sent emails to the academic advisers at McMaster, but they have replied yet. However, if I could get some before-hand knowledge, that would be great.

Thanks in advance
Old 08-03-2018 at 09:42 PM   #2
jon.john23
Elite Member

Liked: 130 Times

I'd say give a call, or head down there. Talk face to face is the best I think...

The likely get swapped by a dump truck of emails everyday