MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hedden Triple bunk and loft xxorianna Hedden Hall Forum 11 08-10-2011 09:06 AM
does triple room mean theirs a bunk and loft 737300173 Residence & Housing 5 05-23-2011 12:03 AM
bunk assignment leemeiying Moulton Hall Forum 22 08-26-2010 09:19 PM
Moutlon Hall Loft and Bunk -- Pictures? Theashe Moulton Hall Forum 9 07-24-2010 10:28 AM
bunk and loft The Effekt Residence & Housing 9 07-18-2010 03:31 PM

Triple (bunk and loft) fees issue

Old 08-05-2011 at 12:35 PM   #1
j0sh

Liked: 4 Times

Triple (bunk and loft) fees issue
So I was one of the people on the unassigned list until last week when they finally assigned me a triple room in Hedden Hall. I was just going through Hedden's website and the building has no triples so I'm assuming my room is gonna be a bunk and loft. I'm still being charged for a triple on my payment agreement though. So are there triple rooms in Hedden Hall!? I'm pretty sure they haven't converted quads into triples cause that would cause even more res issues.

I think it's unfair that they should be charging me for a triple when I'm actually in a bunk and loft. I wanted to confirm that there are no triples before I actually make a call to the res department cause I'm on vacation atm.

Anyone else have this issue?
Old 08-05-2011 at 12:58 PM   #2
lt93

Liked: 69 Times

Sometimes it takes a while for things to change on the payement agreement so wait a couple of days. If it doesn't change in a few days or a week, call in. Maybe they fit a bed in to a double room to make it a triple...
Old 08-05-2011 at 01:04 PM   #3
peanuts

Liked: 1 Time

I've never heard of bunk and loft rooms in Hedden Hall.
It's -probably- a triple.
Old 08-05-2011 at 01:15 PM   #4
j0sh

Liked: 4 Times

Had a friend found out. Apparently we're gonna have three loft beds in the room. whatever that means o.O...
Old 08-05-2011 at 02:24 PM   #5
Mfm12

Liked: 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0sh View Post
Had a friend found out. Apparently we're gonna have three loft beds in the room. whatever that means o.O...
That means that the 3 beds will be a bunk bed with the bed on top, and your desk underneath. As opposed to a bunk & loft that has one loft with bed + desk, and one bunk that is 2 beds.

j0sh says thanks to Mfm12 for this post.
Old 08-05-2011 at 02:59 PM   #6
Billybob

Liked: 0 Times

The triple rooms are bunk and lofts. You are being charged for the correct thing.
Old 08-05-2011 at 04:46 PM   #7
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

They're changing some of the bigger rooms on campus to fit more people and accommodate all the people who were unassigned.
Old 08-05-2011 at 08:20 PM   #8
slickjames

Liked: 0 Times

Just appreciate your room in Hedden. That's all I got to say.

Last edited by slickjames : 08-05-2011 at 11:19 PM.
Old 08-05-2011 at 08:23 PM   #9
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 461 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickjames View Post
First of all, a bunk and loft IS a triple room. Second of all, atleast you GOT a room. Appreciate that part. I got kicked out of my Hedden room & moved to a small little room in Wally to accommodate you people who were "unassigned". So stop complaining.
Don't come off that harsh on people. You could've easily said what you said but in a more lighter tone. >_>
Old 08-05-2011 at 08:34 PM   #10
DutchRudder

Liked: 15 Times

Quote:
First of all, a bunk and loft IS a triple room. Second of all, atleast you GOT a room. Appreciate that part. I got kicked out of my Hedden room & moved to a small little room in Wally to accommodate you people who were "unassigned". So stop complaining.
butthurt much?
Old 08-05-2011 at 08:37 PM   #11
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
What if you were one of the unassigned people? It's not the OP's fault any more than it is yours, and they just wanted to check and make sure they weren't getting ripped off...if you go to this link ( http://housing.mcmaster.ca/Residence...ions/Fees.html ) you'll see that bunk and loft triples are charged differently from triples that are not in the bunk and loft set-up.
Also, as you pointed out, be happy you got a room.
Old 08-05-2011 at 09:04 PM   #12
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Quote:
This is not your fault not the fault of those who were unassigned. It's McMaster's fault for not having enough spaces in case something like this happened. But then again, there was no way for them to predict that residence would be over-filled and more people than expected (based on past enrolment) would accept their offer. So there's really no need to be harsh, at least you got a room and a decent one too. Wally is awesome, not to mention it's a lot closer to everything than Hedden is.

sarahsullz likes this.
Old 08-05-2011 at 09:31 PM   #13
Zimonada

Liked: 34 Times

Quote:
...you say this like you got kicked out of residence altogether. <_<
Old 08-06-2011 at 12:11 AM   #14
Theashe

Liked: 29 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billybob View Post
The triple rooms are bunk and lofts. You are being charged for the correct thing.
No, the rooms are different. A triple in Brandon, for example, has two beds on the floor and one loft. A loft and bunk is a bunk bed and a loft. A triple tends to be a lot larger in size from what I've seen, too.
Old 08-06-2011 at 01:40 AM   #15
twinsora

Liked: 3 Times

I went to welcome day yesterday! And I can tell you, that we are getting triples in hedden! However, we are getting new furniture, so the triples will all have loft beds! So its kinda a mixture between a triple and a bunk and loft, but everyone gets their own individual loft.

j0sh, sarahsullz like this.