MacInsiders Logo
Old 10-18-2010 at 10:59 PM   #1
MCHEDDENITE
Elite Member

Liked: 96 Times

ughhh microbio
ugh so we just found out that our microbio midterm is 160 questions and we have 120 min -ish to do it. thats less than a min for each question give or take. argghh is anyone else fustrated with this course. like the material is actually sooooooo but its just so overwhemling. and i've kept up wth everything (thank god) any help from the ppl who have done this course be4
Old 10-19-2010 at 12:27 PM   #2
SciMania
Elite Member

Liked: 74 Times

I don't specifically remember the set-up of the midterm when I took it 2 years ago but I beleive it may have been 80 MC questions + ridiculous short answers in some ridiculous amount of time. It sounds bad, but be rest assured - it won't be too bad. As long as you have read the textbook (and make sure you have), you will be absolutely fine.

You're lucky you don't have any short answers, I remember them being very picky with the marking scheme. The MC questions are easy (provided you read the textbook).

Good luck!
Old 10-19-2010 at 01:42 PM   #3
pinkpiggydoe

Liked: 14 Times

i remember from last year that i had a lot of extra time left over.. don't worry about the time limite .. just study from ur textbook made notes XD
Old 10-19-2010 at 03:10 PM   #4
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

Lol that's a bummer. DK what to say except to suck it up. D: I can't relate at all, though. I'm just in retart socsci. :/
Old 10-19-2010 at 04:26 PM   #5
MCHEDDENITE
Elite Member

Liked: 96 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desda View Post
Lol that's a bummer. DK what to say except to suck it up. D: I can't relate at all, though. I'm just in retart socsci. :/
umm yes u are so stfu, you CANNOT relate AT ALL to this course
Old 10-19-2010 at 04:32 PM   #6
Fight0
Elite Member

Liked: 141 Times

easy course, just memorize.
Old 10-19-2010 at 04:50 PM   #7
brendanp

Liked: 26 Times

he said in class we can have more time if we need it, but that it shouldn't take more than two hours to complete it.
Old 10-19-2010 at 04:56 PM   #8
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCHEDDENITE View Post
umm yes u are so stfu, you CANNOT relate AT ALL to this course
Um...
That's exactly what she said.

Want a pet rock?

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 10-19-2010 at 06:45 PM   #9
manap3000
Account Locked

Liked: 64 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Um...
That's exactly what she said.

Want a pet rock?
her comments r awkward as fck/random, always manage to rub me the wrong way before i realize i dont really give a shit
Old 10-19-2010 at 07:03 PM   #10
Sammy

Liked: 2 Times

Hello!

I took this course last year and our midterm was quite different than what you guys will be having (ours was heavily weighted towards the written-type of questions).

With regards to preparing, you really do have to (as the others above me have posted) read the textbook. His lectures notes (and lectures themselves) do not come close to preparing you for the midterm.

A lot of the questions are purely based on memory.

The best way to approach studying for this is look at the pictures in the lecture and find them in the textbook and read the part that corresponds to that picture.

(also, if you guys have covered...chapter 13 and 14, the metabolism and metabolic pathway chapters, only focus on the parts about rhodopsin, ETS (and corresponding enzymes and majour differences between prokaryotes and eukaryotes), and the ATP synthase molecule (structure and function ))

If Alison is the IA for this course still, she would have written the test for you guys, so it's best to ask her about details that you do/don't need to know.

Good Luck~

R633 likes this.
Old 10-19-2010 at 07:06 PM   #11
eullwm
Elite Member

Liked: 221 Times

You're the coolest cat on the planet, Dr. Sibella. Stop talking to everybody differently than when you talk to me ):

ps. Die