MacInsiders Logo

whats that sound edition 2 vs 3

Old 09-12-2012 at 06:37 PM   #1
lovesicles

Liked: 3 Times

whats that sound edition 2 vs 3
What is the difference between the second and third edition ? A lot of people said its basically the same but Simon wood says having the second edition may cost you some marks.
Old 09-12-2012 at 06:40 PM   #2
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

What course are you talking about?
Old 09-12-2012 at 06:42 PM   #3
lovesicles

Liked: 3 Times

Music 2ii3/cmst 2r03
Old 09-12-2012 at 08:28 PM   #4
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

It sounds like it's just missing some chapters or new stuff they put in
Old 09-12-2012 at 10:02 PM   #5
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

hmm... last year we used the second edition and i would say the textbook is the difference between doing good and great in this course... there were quite a few textbook specific questions on the midterms/exam last year

not sure how wood does his notes (he only stepped in to do one lecture when our prof was ill) but i had Fast and she DID NOT post lecture notes, so i found the book good for filling in anything i may have missed

not sure what theyve added to the third, but you could always get the second edition then borrow third from a friend/library for those new passages (it probably wasnt even a significant portion added)