MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Women, Culture, Power Women St (1A03) Bulfon First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 06-28-2011 06:52 PM
women studies manu Academics 17 07-03-2009 07:49 PM

Women, Culture, Power Women St (1A03)

Old 06-28-2011 at 10:16 PM   #1
Bulfon

Liked: 1 Time

Women, Culture, Power Women St (1A03)

So has anyone taken WOMEN ST 1A03 WOMEN, CULTURE, POWER as an elective? Im looking for an easyish bird course and it sounds like it would be fairly straight forward, but i dont know. Any suggestions?

Thanks In advance
Old 06-28-2011 at 10:32 PM   #2
dreamer21

Liked: 69 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulfon View Post

So has anyone taken WOMEN ST 1A03 WOMEN, CULTURE, POWER as an elective? Im looking for an easyish bird course and it sounds like it would be fairly straight forward, but i dont know. Any suggestions?

Thanks In advance
I just took it in second term this past year. I wouldn't call it a bird course, you need to put some effort in for a good grade, but it depends how you are with literature type classes, that's what I found it was comparable to. There is a custom courseware with readings for every week which you will be quizzed on, a novel to read (Bridget Jones' Diary), a midterm, major essay, and final. I didn't really like the course personally, but that's just my opinion.
Old 06-29-2011 at 12:36 PM   #3
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

I took this course in first year, even though it was a while ago, I looked up the description and it looks about the same. I didn't find this course particularly easy, it was my lowest mark in first year. There was a 50 minute presentation (not sure if there still is) and tons of work. If you're looking for an easy elective, I suggest one of the two geography courses.
Old 06-30-2011 at 11:00 AM   #4
Taryn_C

Liked: 0 Times

I took it last term and I thought it was okay. It seemed to start off pretty light but the readings and quzzies build up rather quickly. It's definitely not easy, the concepts can be hard to understand but interesting once you grasp them.

I highly suggest taking Women's Studies 1AA3 too if you can. I took it the term before 1A03, and while I didn't exactly enjoy it , a lot of the terms and definitions are discussed in both so it was extremely helpful to go into it knowing some of the material ahead of time.