MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Work Study Program and OSCAR N.Cheng First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 08-21-2009 01:35 PM
Work-Study Applications Available August 1st feonateresa MacInsiders Announcements 17 08-11-2009 03:39 PM
Summer Work Program Chad Jobs & Employment Tips 4 06-04-2008 10:26 PM
Work-Study nuttynatz General Discussion 18 08-16-2007 09:55 PM

Work Study Program

Old 08-18-2009 at 11:17 AM   #1
VoyozooT

Liked: 3 Times

Work Study Program
I looked through OSCAR to apply for an on-campus job during the academic year and I found a few jobs that I was interested in.

My question is can I apply to more than one of those jobs at once? The reason I'm asking is because if I don't get in one job, I still have another opportunity with another. However, I can only upload one cover-letter on OSCAR and if I were to apply to let say 3 jobs and see which one I get in, how do I apply with 3 seperate cover letters? or is this even possible?
Old 08-18-2009 at 11:29 AM   #2
Maegs
Elite Member

Liked: 26 Times

You can upload more than one cover letter, and when you click the "Apply" button, you can choose which one to apply with before you click the "Submit Documents" button
Old 08-18-2009 at 11:33 AM   #3
VoyozooT

Liked: 3 Times

oooo that's great! thanks!!
Old 08-18-2009 at 05:41 PM   #4
manu
jack

Liked: 75 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maegs View Post
You can upload more than one cover letter, and when you click the "Apply" button, you can choose which one to apply with before you click the "Submit Documents" button
Do you know how the work-study/McWork thing works? Do you just apply online on MUGSI and they give you a job?
Old 08-18-2009 at 05:46 PM   #5
niteskie
Elite Member

Liked: 45 Times

For one job they wanted me to go in for an interview. But i'm not sure if that's for all of the work-study jobs.
Old 08-18-2009 at 06:08 PM   #6
Maegs
Elite Member

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu View Post
Do you know how the work-study/McWork thing works? Do you just apply online on MUGSI and they give you a job?
You apply online through MUGSI to get approval for the work-study program, then apply through OSCAR for jobs, and go through a normal interview process like you would for any other job.

manu says thanks to Maegs for this post.
Old 08-22-2009 at 04:28 PM   #7
hamnahx02

Liked: 16 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maegs View Post
You apply online through MUGSI to get approval for the work-study program, then apply through OSCAR for jobs, and go through a normal interview process like you would for any other job.
im a bit confused about the applying online part... i went onto MUGSI, and i found the place where you can apply online for a work-study prog. But it says i have to print something out... im a bit confused about that, because if i have to print it then its not really applying online is it?

can someone just clear that up for me... thanks.
Old 08-22-2009 at 04:35 PM   #8
saukalra
Elite Member

Liked: 18 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamnahx02 View Post
im a bit confused about the applying online part... i went onto MUGSI, and i found the place where you can apply online for a work-study prog. But it says i have to print something out... im a bit confused about that, because if i have to print it then its not really applying online is it?

can someone just clear that up for me... thanks.
If you have applied for osap, then the process of applying only includes accepting the terms of the program and then it gives you an option to print it.
You can check the status of your application on Mugsi (by clicking work program status) after one business day to make sure its been approved.

hamnahx02 says thanks to saukalra for this post.