Hedden '09 Chad Hedden Hall Forum 80 08-31-2009 03:34 PM
Hedden '08 Chad Hedden Hall Forum 41 08-19-2008 04:05 PM
Hedden Hall '07 lorend Hedden Hall Forum 51 06-04-2008 04:42 PM

WTF is in the forest behind Hedden?!

Old 10-14-2010 at 09:55 AM   #1
Sintos

Liked: 85 Times

WTF is in the forest behind Hedden?!
So every night because my rez room is always boiling (crappy air conditioning machines ftw) I go to bed with the windows open. My rez window faces the back, towards Coot's Paradise or whatever and usually nothing interesting happens... But a few weeks ago I was woken up around 4:30am. I hear like this weird squealing from the forest. It sounded like something was literally being eaten alive. I look out the window and I see nothing and thought nothing of it. Probably some dream right?

BUT this morning I wake up again at 5:00, this scares me the most because it reminds me of the The Fourth Kind and I was afraid to look out the window thinking there would be a white owl looking at me. This weird yell or squealing of some kind like something is being killed...

All my friends say it an undercover deer fight club and my girlfriend thinks I'm going crazy... But it's the freakiest sound ever... Any speculations? Or does anyone actually know what it is?
Old 10-14-2010 at 10:03 AM   #2
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

Theres a lot of deer in the area. If your up early enough or out late enough you can see them.

Or it could just be dam raccoons
Old 10-14-2010 at 10:04 AM   #3
Ender

Liked: 30 Times

I'll try and keep it down next time. Sorry.

danallan likes this.
Old 10-14-2010 at 10:05 AM   #4
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times

If it's more of a mammalian sqeel. There are raccoons, beavers, deer, coyotes, squirrels, and chipmunks.

As for birds I know we have blue herons, peregrine falcons, swans, canadian geese, several kinds of ducks, brown jobbies(albeit they are rather mute), chickadees, a pair of bald eagles (which apparently have already flown south), and the occasional seagull. I'm unsure if we have any owls...

Edit: we also have drunken university students out there on the weekend.

Last edited by Replekia : 10-14-2010 at 10:11 AM.
Old 10-14-2010 at 10:15 AM   #5
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replekia View Post
If it's more of a mammalian sqeel. There are raccoons, beavers, deer, coyotes, squirrels, and chipmunks.

As for birds I know we have blue herons, peregrine falcons, swans, canadian geese, several kinds of ducks, brown jobbies(albeit they are rather mute), chickadees, a pair of bald eagles (which apparently have already flown south), and the occasional seagull. I'm unsure if we have any owls...

Edit: we also have drunken university students out there on the weekend.
We also have people that get ripped out there.
Old 10-14-2010 at 10:30 AM   #6
collinbf

Liked: 49 Times

Its haunted. No joke. I remember as a kid hearing a story from a friend of my parents about when she was in residence. Apparently she saw someone creepy wandering the halls and then he went out one of the side doors and head into the woods. She went back to her room and told her friends who decided to see where he went. When they came down they found that door had a chain lock on it, and when they went outside there were no foot prints in the snow where he had walked.

When me and my brother heard this we wanted to check it out so we went down the trail one night and heard weird noises. When we got closer we saw a glowing face.
Old 10-14-2010 at 10:30 AM   #7
Sintos

Scared the hell our of me. I can't fall asleep after hearing that. It's like after hearing a Cher song... NO! Worse...

Skye likes this.
Old 10-14-2010 at 10:35 AM   #8
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Okay.. this is just PLAIN creepy! SO glad I don't actually face Cootes and my room is close to the door, so if anything...
Old 10-14-2010 at 10:48 AM   #9
Boolean

Liked: 169 Times

could be a deer, could be a raccoon, could be a deer making love to a raccoon...

if(at_first_you_dont_su cceed) break;

mike_302 likes this.
Old 10-14-2010 at 11:01 AM   #10
REPLEKIA/.

This is the sound a deer makes if it helps

Joey, Sintos all say thanks to REPLEKIA/. for this post.
Old 10-14-2010 at 11:15 AM   #11
Sintos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replekia View Post
This is the sound a deer makes if it helps

LMAO!!!!!! THATS IT. Does that not sound effing creepy to anyone else?

resh.jyoti likes this.
Old 10-14-2010 at 11:39 AM   #12
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boolean View Post
could be a deer, could be a raccoon, could be a deer making love to a raccoon...
This.
Old 10-14-2010 at 11:49 AM   #13
Deegs14
Cogito, ergo sum

Liked: 156 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sintos View Post
So every night because my rez room is always boiling (crappy air conditioning machines ftw)
Turn off your a/c. Don't even have it on. The thing spews out hot air all the time. It will actually be cooler with out the a/c on. I lived in Hedden last year, my roomie and I always had it on. When we turned it off our room became much more cooler.
Old 10-14-2010 at 12:28 PM   #14
Patrick.O

Liked: 28 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegs14 View Post
Turn off your a/c. Don't even have it on. The thing spews out hot air all the time. It will actually be cooler with out the a/c on. I lived in Hedden last year, my roomie and I always had it on. When we turned it off our room became much more cooler.
Yeah, it's not AC. It's heating in the fall/winter/spring, that's exactly what it's supposed to do.
Old 10-14-2010 at 12:31 PM   #15
REPLEKIA/.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick.O View Post
Yeah, it's not AC. It's heating in the fall/winter/spring, that's exactly what it's supposed to do.
No I'm pretty sure Hedden has a few legit A/C units, not just the heater like everyone else. I might be thinking of the wrong rez but I've definitely seen some window a/c units.