MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[urgent] "account is full (quota exceeded)" email problem WekSos Academics 3 07-06-2010 11:33 AM
When is Deferred Exam Grade Release? islytt Academics 1 06-24-2010 07:09 PM
Psychology 1X03's "optional" and "required" texts WitekS First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 40 08-26-2009 10:38 PM
Yet another "Will I get kicked out?" threads.. angela_009 Academics 4 05-31-2009 06:07 PM

Yet another one of those "will I get booted?!" threads

Old 05-18-2009 at 06:35 PM   #1
Katw

Liked: 0 Times

Yet another one of those "will I get booted?!" threads
So I'm in 2nd year English and due to my incredible stupidity(read:I'm a lazy ass) I ended up failing two of my electives(one was a first year course and the other a 2nd year) and I'm not really sure what I should do. Due to my student account being overdue(and me not realizing) I didn't get my grades until way after summer school registration was over. So that's out-not that I really have the money for it anyway. Will they kick me out because of my failed electives? Thanks guys.

To add: Mac has not sent me anything saying they'll kick me out. Nor have they sent me mail like last year saying that if I didn't pull up my grades I'd get the boot.
Old 05-18-2009 at 06:45 PM   #2
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times

I'm pretty sure you could still apply for second semester of summer school. Just work harder. Find friends that'll help keep you focused and have fun study sessions (yes, they do exist). Best of luck! Hopefully, you're still in. Talk to the Humanities Dept. There's walk in on Mon, Wed and Fri they're remarkable. I love them because they're very helpful.
Old 05-18-2009 at 07:12 PM   #3
Katw

Okay, I'll have to look into that thanks! Yeah, easier said than done ^^; I have friends who study but they're so overbearing about it that I dislike studying with them and then my OTHER friends are exactly like me so it's not really much of a help to study with them ha ha. Thanks, I'll try and do that
Old 05-18-2009 at 08:06 PM   #4
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

You are still able to register for term II of summer school since first term has not finished yet.

No first, second or third year students have received their final marks yet; we don't get them until May 30th.

Also, you'll be put on probation before you're kicked out. So if anything you'll be put on probation for term I of fall/winter 2009-2010.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 05-18-2009 at 08:24 PM   #5
Katw

Thanks very much for the information Lorend, I'm gonna work my ass off from now on because I really can't afford to be kicked out.
Old 05-19-2009 at 12:17 AM   #6
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

You can technically be re-instated even if you are kicked out; but depending on the circumstances I don't think it's an easy process.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 05-19-2009 at 12:41 AM   #7
Katw

Yeah, I read about that but considering that you need to have a medical(or other incredible) reason to be reinstated that wouldn't happen for me. Because I wasn't sick-I was just a stupid lazy person.
Old 05-19-2009 at 01:59 AM   #8
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

The underlying question is:

Is your average above the minimum requirement for your program? If it is, you shouldn't expect too much trouble. I would recommend summer school in term two though, as others are suggesting.

Also note that if you have financial need, OSAP funds summer courses...though I'm not sure about the deadline details and stuff. You might wanna pop into Student Financial Aid in Gilmour Hall and ask around if you get OSAP during the regular school year.

An elective or two won't hinder things too much...they'll just force you to take 2 additional courses before you graduate.