MacInsiders Logo

How was your first day?

Old 09-04-2008 at 01:58 PM   #1
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times

How was your first day?
I had math and chem today, yeah math was just course outlines but chemistry was pretty cool. the professor did a couple of experiments (bringing a flame to balloon filled with hydrogen gas and it exploded to ball of fire!) I have forgotten SO MUCH from grade 12 chemistry though. So how was your first day? Does anyone feel kind of overwhelmed about "assumed knowledge" stuff?

Last edited by sinthusized : 09-04-2008 at 02:05 PM.
Old 09-04-2008 at 03:11 PM   #2
Bobby66
was offline, but

Liked: 84 Times

Dude, I'm in your class, probably had the same morning. Math, then chem. And Yes, I saw that boom presentation, I felt it too. (sitting near the front). Good first day, going to GEKon later. Haha I still remember all my chem shit, my teacher was brutal- covered everything to the extent, I looked over the chapters and almost everything was covered.

Old 09-04-2008 at 08:10 PM   #3
wintermelon

Liked: Liked 2 Times

I got a bad vibe from the instructors. That lab coordinator looked like one of those guys who is a hardass simply because he enjoys it, and the other guy had the fakest smile ever.
Old 09-04-2008 at 08:10 PM   #4
AnguishedEnd
Elite Member

Liked: 103 Times

I had Chem., Physics., Math and then I was supposed to have Engineering 1P03 but it was cancelled . I can remember a little bit of chemistry but I definetely need to review it, same with all the other courses. So far its a good start but with all the labs, assignments, tests, studying, etc... I dont know if I'll have the time to sleep, atleast thats how it feels lol.
Old 09-04-2008 at 09:07 PM   #5
Bobby66
was offline, but

Liked: 84 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by wintermelon View Post
I got a bad vibe from the instructors. That lab coordinator looked like one of those guys who is a hardass simply because he enjoys it, and the other guy had the fakest smile ever.
gg, good analysis..

Old 09-04-2008 at 09:10 PM   #6
mmal

Liked: 0 Times

My day was pretty good i had physics and math.

Tomorow i have engineer 1D04 at 10:30. ,atj 1z04 11:30, engineer 1p03 12:30 and chem 1e03 at 13:30 if anyone is in these classes i will see you there.

Last edited by mmal : 09-05-2008 at 02:38 PM.
Old 09-04-2008 at 09:29 PM   #7
spiotrowski

Liked: 0 Times

My day was pretty good, I got lost trying to find the health sciences building, I somehow ended up in the hospital..

yep it was great being lost haha
Old 09-04-2008 at 09:49 PM   #8
davey
Elite Member

Liked: 14 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiotrowski View Post
My day was pretty good, I got lost trying to find the health sciences building, I somehow ended up in the hospital..

yep it was great being lost haha
ahaha. that place is confusing. =p

anyways... my first day was... DYNAMITEEEEEE!!!

especially faculty night.
Old 09-04-2008 at 10:03 PM   #9
thatdudeukno

I peed my pants!
Old 09-04-2008 at 10:30 PM   #10
Kareko

Liked: 8 Times

definitely forgot like everything for that chem stuff :o
though when I saw the balloons and what was in I though of the Hindenburg so at least I knew about the fire
and the webct quiz was more difficult than I first assumed but I do like webCT in general so far

looking forward to tomorrow just physics in the morning XD
Old 09-04-2008 at 10:55 PM   #11
aj-maxx
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 1 Time

My first day at classes is immortal!!
Slept @ 6 in the morning. Woke up @ 10, thought I had a class @ 9:30 which I missed so I slept. Woke up @ 12 saw that my class was @ 10:30 and I could've made it. Well I'd like to add I stay off-campus and dont know anything about hamilton. So anyways had a class @ 2:30. So I saw the HSR Time table and went to a bus stop. The bus came, but didnt stop so LOL I reached @ 2:50 and well then I sat in cores of two different professors and lissened to my i-pod cause I was really sleepy.
Rollercoaster of a day.
Old 09-05-2008 at 02:50 PM   #12
frhnh

Liked: 1 Time

First lecture was PhysicsD03, and my prof jumped straight into it! I was dazed and confused while other people we're jumping to give answers, but halfway through I managed to get myself together. Calculus was fun though. I don't really understand my prof's accent. Wonder how it's gonna be when he really goes into the stuff we don't know yet..
Old 09-05-2008 at 05:15 PM   #13
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Yay another year of school!

*grumbles*

My Thursday was loooong. But I've got some pretty cool profs, which should make the term entertaining.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 09-05-2008 at 11:55 PM   #14
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

My first day included a lot of setup for Campus Events (Sidewalk sale!), but was able to fit a class in. So far so good! Not pleased that summer break is over though.
Old 09-06-2008 at 12:05 AM   #15
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

I had Political Science first, at 9:30. That Alway is intense, haha.
Then I had Sociology later, which was good, Fetner seems like a positive person.

Today.. I had Anthropology with Arratia who seems really nice, and then Linguistics, where Ms. Moro couldn't show, but the Instructional Assistant could.. and I was glad because he has a very attractive voice haha. Ahem.

Otherwise, my classes seem interesting. I think Political Science will pose the most difficulty. All there's left to see is French.. oh boy. =]