MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Community Advisor Alternate List wallygirl123 Residence & Housing 0 02-12-2016 11:04 AM
Alternate Offers cridd5 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 05-27-2014 07:17 PM
Guaranteed Admission Unregistered First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 03-19-2012 05:56 PM
Harry Potter Alternate Ending beens Movies & Television 14 08-25-2011 06:59 AM
Alternate Offers amare First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 05-10-2010 04:54 PM

Alternate Admission?

Old 04-11-2016 at 12:27 AM   #1
camillab

Liked: 0 Times

Alternate Admission?
Hey Guys!

I applied to Mac for Environmental Sciences, however, my chemistry mark is really low right now and is dragging my average down. How can I get an alternate admission? Thank you so much in advance!
Old 04-11-2016 at 12:33 AM   #2
justicebeaver

Liked: 9 Times

Alternate offer like an offer to get into a related program you didn't apply for? I was offered one for CompSci automatically (I don't means its automated or anything, just something they do when they can't accept you into the applied for program) from UofT when I applied for Engineering. So I'd imagine it's an automatic process, but perhaps you'd be better of directly emailing mcmaster's registrar's office.

Anyway there is still half a semester prob for you in high school, so there is still time to pull it back up... unlike here where it is crunch time
Old 04-11-2016 at 08:18 PM   #3
camillab

Liked: 0 Times

Hi! Yes, a related program. I was wondering what are the chances of them giving me an alternate offer if ever i dont meet the average requirement?

and, unfortunately, it's already midterms right now, i doubt i can still pull it back up :(

thanks for your response and best of luck on your exams!!
Old 04-11-2016 at 10:32 PM   #4
justicebeaver

Liked: 9 Times

I dont know the chances. Contact them like I said for a better answer.

Regardless, you best option is to try and finish with the best average you can get.

(Assuming you get into a alt. program)
In certain programs you can transfer into another program after first year if your grades are good enough

camillab says thanks to justicebeaver for this post.