MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Deferred Exam Schedule ahluwaab Academics 1 01-23-2014 10:11 PM
Deferred Psych Exam willenej First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 04-19-2013 10:43 PM
Deferred exam marks? mcmasterrrrr General Discussion 5 02-26-2011 08:33 PM
Deferred Exam PaulFrank Academics 2 08-26-2010 06:53 PM

Deferred exam

Old 01-29-2014 at 01:05 PM   #1
Thinker

Liked: 2 Times

Deferred exam
Hi guys, I deferred my exam for a course during the fall term and for some reason the prof for that course has removed the course website, I've tried to contact him through multiple emails but he hasn't answered any of them, I've been waiting for his reply for almost a month now. Can anyone give me any suggestions as to what I should do? thanks
Old 01-29-2014 at 03:22 PM   #2
ashleighp
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 126 Times

Your prof has nothing to do with your deferred exam which is probably why they're not bothering to answer your emails. A quick google search about deferring exams at McMaster found this:

The Office of the Registrar makes all the arrangements including the scheduling of deferred examinations. An individual deferred examination schedule will be mailed to the student’s MUGSI mailing address, approximately two weeks prior to the examination session.
Students are responsible for ensuring that their contact mailing address is up to date on MUGSI. If students make changes to their MUGSI contact mailing address after the granting of a deferred examination, they must submit a Deferred Examination Form (http:/registrar.mcmaster.ca /forms/index.htm) to the Examination Office located in GH/114.
Old 01-30-2014 at 02:00 AM   #3
cudizOne

Liked: 2 Times

Hey! When you originally deferred your exam, you had to go through your faculty and they are the ones who approve your deferral and as the previous post mentioned it will be rescheduled by the Office of the Registrar. If this was a 6 credit course then you should have received some kind of message about it by now, and I would go to your Faculty's office and tell them you haven't. If you are really concerned just go talk to one of the people at your Faculty's office they will look into it. Good Luck!
Old 01-30-2014 at 10:53 AM   #4
BenDover
Account Locked

Liked: 64 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinker View Post
Hi guys, I deferred my exam for a course during the fall term and for some reason the prof for that course has removed the course website, I've tried to contact him through multiple emails but he hasn't answered any of them, I've been waiting for his reply for almost a month now. Can anyone give me any suggestions as to what I should do? thanks
Hmm so indirectly emailing the prof didnt work.. I wish there was some way that you could have some sort of conversation with a person where you would be in the same room... but that could never happen... its not like professor's have office hours or anything of that nature haha