MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Review Review Starter Category Comments Last Post
Engineering 1C03 MacPack First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 08-07-2010 09:26 AM
First Year Engineering: 1P03, 1C03 and 1D04. ruffy General Discussion 7 07-08-2009 06:00 PM
Engineering 1C03 questions kenvin100 Academics 4 01-07-2009 03:02 PM

Engineering Design 1C03

Old 12-17-2008 at 01:25 PM   #16
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Engineering Design 1C03
This is one of the courses that are mandatory for all first year engineering students in McMaster.

The purpose of this course is to teach you how to do technical drawing, which includes multiviews and isometric sketches. The difference between this course and typical technical design...

Last edited by Ownaginatios : 12-17-2008 at 01:33 PM.

all say thanks to Ownaginatios for this post.

likes this.
Old 09-02-2010 at 03:18 PM   #15
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

You only need the tutorial one (the one not called Solid Edge v20), just like the review above says.
Old 09-19-2010 at 10:32 PM   #16
PHLN
Oink! Oink! Oink! Oink!

Liked: 506 Times
Are there emphasis in the theory describe in Leake textbook in any of the tests/exams?
Old 09-19-2010 at 10:39 PM   #17
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLN View Post
Are there emphasis in the theory describe in Leake textbook in any of the tests/exams?
If that's the tutorial one, then I think you only have to know the basics. I think there was a formula for calculating if something was constrained... and that's pretty much it.

Anything that's on the exam you also learn in tutorial and lecture.
Old 10-27-2010 at 11:46 AM   #18
jntyrhds

Liked: 1 Time
This Blows!!!!
Man, it's all changed this year. We're using Autodesk Inventor 2011 now and the labs are not that bad once you do a few practice problems. From what ive heard, Inventor is much more user-friendly then Solid edge but i cant be sure personally because ive never used Solid Edge.
The friggin' tutorials are a killer though and i am getting quite worried about this course just cuz ive never actually made anything higher then a 78 percent in my sketching assignments. Im probably averaging a high-60's to low 70's in my sketching grade. Urghh, and to think i used to consider myself a good free-hand sketcher. This just blows.
And this course is totally useless for me just cuz i wanna get into Nuclear Engineering. BRING ON THE MEAT ALREADY!!!
Old 01-10-2011 at 12:03 PM   #19
PHLN
Oink! Oink! Oink! Oink!

Liked: 506 Times
Horrible time consuming course that really test your sanity and willingness to stay in Engineering.

Remember to NOT cut along your wrist. Bleeding will be more severe. It is better to distract your self through pain by cutting across the wrist.

Do it once before tutorial (ugh). lecture (double ugh) and you will get through it fine!

muons, Thagsana.R like this.
Old 01-12-2011 at 09:57 PM   #20
Bhaltair
Elite Member

Liked: 158 Times
Since we took SolidEdge last year. Autodesk Inventer is awesome! I play with it during my own free time. It's fun to use.

Glad McMaster went down this direction. Wish they have done this last year.
Old 01-23-2011 at 11:49 AM   #21
Commander
P.I.M.P

Liked: 63 Times
The sketching part of this course is ridiculous
Old 04-24-2011 at 11:32 PM   #22
mc_kumar

Liked: 13 Times
Fun course
We use Autodesk Inventor 2011 & MapleSIM. Overall, its a fun course. I was very interested in the 3D modelling aspect (Inventor) but then when maplesim came along, it got boring. Tutorials are easy marks even though its pointless. But overall, I enjoyed this course.
Old 06-08-2011 at 08:49 PM   #23
Rabia

Liked: 1 Time
yeah you have to buy the book because for tutorial sketching assignments you need the book.

Icecream likes this.
Old 09-03-2011 at 09:46 PM   #24
balabadm

Liked: 0 Times
Great info, Thanks!
Old 11-17-2011 at 08:58 AM   #25
Thatguyadam

Liked: 3 Times
As of last year (2010) the course was fairly easy in my opinion. The autodesk part was fairly easy if you actually paid attention in labs and could even be fun at times. The sketches were pointless and dumb tho especially because of the no straight edge thing. The final project took less time then previous years said it did now that they changed it however the maple sim component was a *****. Also, prepare for the drawings on the exam to be like nothing you've ever seen before on assignments.
Old 11-19-2011 at 09:42 AM   #26
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times
I actually looked at lots of diagrams to study for the exam. sat there on exam and i like wtf. look around at other ppl faces and wanted to laugh
Old 04-23-2013 at 11:35 AM   #27
h9i9j9

Liked: 0 Times
Can anyone comment about what is on the exam? mix between drawing and lecture materials? focused on theory or drawing?

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search