MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dropping Finance? Please help elem3ntals Academics 12 03-12-2013 11:08 AM
What is there to do in Finance? lawleypop Volunteering Opportunities 48 07-20-2010 02:11 PM
MSU Tour With The VP Finance Chad MacInsiders Announcements 5 08-30-2009 03:40 AM
Inter-Residence Council: VP Finance Position Available ferreinm MacInsiders Announcements 6 05-29-2008 03:56 PM

Finance for residence

Old 07-26-2013 at 07:39 PM   #1
Marvelous

Liked: 0 Times

Finance for residence
I am first-year, so may I ask, if I am getting an off-campus housing, how exactly does my OSAP money cover my living expenses? Cause while I heard the money is in my hands to distribute, how can they receive my money if I have no personal cheque?
Old 07-26-2013 at 10:37 PM   #2
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

I'm not sure what you mean by "how can they receive my money if I have no personal cheque"...who is "they" exactly? And what does that have to do with you getting OSAP funds?

OSAP is deposited into your bank account for you to use however you please. I think they used to automatically pay off the school first (and give you the rest), but I believe they stopped doing that a year or so ago. I've only had OSAP for a couple of years though and it's always been direct deposit for me.
Old 07-27-2013 at 12:13 AM   #3
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

I think you mean how will you pay for your rent? If so, like starfish mentioned, you get 60% of the OSAP money you're eligible for in September, and 40% in January, so budget accordingly. They don't track how you spend the money or anything.
Old 07-27-2013 at 09:59 AM   #4
ashleighp
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 126 Times

You call your bank or go on their website and order cheques so you can pay your rent like everyone else does. Or you find a landlord who will accept electronic money transfers.