MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone accepted yet? davied First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 63 02-19-2011 11:57 AM
Accepted...But how to get there GCSM First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 06-18-2010 09:50 PM
No Programs Accepted resh.jyoti Academics 4 06-01-2010 04:30 PM
Where to check if I'm accepted to 2nd yr? DumbEngKid Academics 3 04-24-2010 05:00 PM
Accepted my offer! Now what..? kwun First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 04-12-2009 03:41 PM

Got Accepted Into Multimedia - HELP

Old 08-24-2011 at 11:32 AM   #1
AdelaisAer
Legendary Survivor

Liked: 118 Times

Got Accepted Into Multimedia - HELP
Okay, so I think I have a VERY big problem.

I just got an email from Patricia Kalnins regarding me suddenly getting accepted into Multimedia because they had one space left. So I emailed her back (and also sent a copy to Humanities Advisers as told).

My question, though, is as this: Now I am going to have to repick all my courses, right? Multimedia courses plus some electives and whatnot...But it's already the 24th. Can I still do that?

Also, I feel sick right now. You have no idea how happy I am. I've been waiting my entire school-life for this.

ALSO, how hard is this going to be? Being in Multimedia, I mean.

Old 08-24-2011 at 11:37 AM   #2
Faer
Elite Member

Liked: 338 Times

Congrats on being accepted! I really have no idea about anything Multimedia, but I'm glad you got into what you wanted!

AdelaisAer says thanks to Faer for this post.
Old 08-24-2011 at 11:39 AM   #3
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdelaisAer View Post
Okay, so I think I have a VERY big problem.

I just got an email from Patricia Kalnins regarding me suddenly getting accepted into Multimedia because they had one space left. So I emailed her back (and also sent a copy to Humanities Advisers as told).

My question, though, is as this: Now I am going to have to repick all my courses, right? Multimedia courses plus some electives and whatnot...But it's already the 24th. Can I still do that?

Also, I feel sick right now. You have no idea how happy I am. I've been waiting my entire school-life for this.

ALSO, how hard is this going to be? Being in Multimedia, I mean.

You can change your courses around until the drop/add deadlines http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /regis...sessional.html. I don't think you can re-pick your program on SOLAR though, so the Humanities advisor will have to switch you in manually.

AdelaisAer likes this.
Old 08-24-2011 at 11:41 AM   #4
AdelaisAer
Legendary Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
You can change your courses around until the drop/add deadlines http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /regis...sessional.html. I don't think you can re-pick your program on SOLAR though, so the Humanities adviser will have to switch you in manually.
That's what I was told in the email - that I cannot change it myself on SOLAR - which is why I had to email them back so they will know I accept the offer and they will do it for me.

IS THIS REAL LIFE, OR IS THIS FANTASY
Old 08-24-2011 at 12:00 PM   #5
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Probably real life haha. Congratulations on getting in and hopefully you get everything cleared up asap.

AdelaisAer says thanks to anonanon987 for this post.

AdelaisAer likes this.
Old 08-24-2011 at 12:05 PM   #6
AdelaisAer
Legendary Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by herBs View Post
Probably real life haha. Congratulations on getting in and hopefully you get everything cleared up asap.
Thanks! I sent them both an email so I don't know how long this will take.
Old 08-24-2011 at 12:33 PM   #7
MacAttk

Liked: 38 Times

What program were you in before?
Old 08-24-2011 at 01:03 PM   #8
Freak705
Elite Member

Liked: 158 Times

Quote:
Thanks! I sent them both an email so I don't know how long this will take.
If you want to set things straight sooner than later, pick up the phone and give them a call!
Old 08-24-2011 at 01:12 PM   #9
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
That's what I was told in the email - that I cannot change it myself on SOLAR - which is why I had to email them back so they will know I accept the offer and they will do it for me.

SOLAR is empty right now I believe, so you may want to consider switching around your courses now if you have free time. It might be a possibility that just your program changes but your course selection remains the same. Unless some courses require the mmedia program as a prerequisite...
Old 08-24-2011 at 03:04 PM   #10
AdelaisAer
Legendary Survivor

Okay, I went to the Advising Office, I got switched to Multimedia, I was given the list, etc.

But I am confused. There are A LOT of required courses I need to take. Too many. It's overwhelming. It seems like if I take everything, it'd be more than 30 credits each year. Or maybe it's just me. Iunno. Anyone here a Multimedia student? @[email protected]; I don't understand how this works.
Old 08-24-2011 at 03:18 PM   #11
tyrant
Account Locked

Liked: 121 Times

http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /CALEN...nt/pg1425.html

you probably saw that page right?right?

120 units - first year = 90 units/3 years=30 units per year, your good don't worry.
Old 08-24-2011 at 03:25 PM   #12
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Okay, I went to the Advising Office, I got switched to Multimedia, I was given the list, etc.

But I am confused. There are A LOT of required courses I need to take. Too many. It's overwhelming. It seems like if I take everything, it'd be more than 30 credits each year. Or maybe it's just me. Iunno. Anyone here a Multimedia student? @[email protected]; I don't understand how this works.
Just Honours Multimedia right?

http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /CALEN...nt/pg1425.html

There are 7 level 2 courses to take (there's also a level 1 course if you haven't taken it yet), which leaves 2-3 electives or course list 1/2 courses for this year.

There are 3 level 3 courses for third year, which leaves 7 electives or course list 1/2 courses for that year.

There are 3 Level 4 courses for fourth year, which leaves 7 electives or course list 1/2 courses for that year.

It adds up to me. You should also note that you can take any level course at any level so long as you meet all the requirements. Just make sure you don't delay courses which are required for upper year courses because you may end up having to take an extra year when you find out you can't take a required level 4 course in your last year because you delayed the level 3 course for your last year.
Old 08-24-2011 at 03:25 PM   #13
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Liked: 607 Times

Quote:

fanta-sea*
(also congrats)

AdelaisAer says thanks to ikantsepll for this post.

Old 08-24-2011 at 03:48 PM   #14
AdelaisAer
Legendary Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikantsepll View Post
fanta-sea*
(also congrats)

This genuinely cheered me up.
Old 08-24-2011 at 04:23 PM   #15
EasternHeat
Elite Member