MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SUCH a great deal from Titles! Vessi Student Deals & Discounts 21 09-04-2012 08:17 PM
Humble Voxatron Debut - 3 games Amaryll Student Deals & Discounts 0 11-02-2011 09:37 PM
Humble Bundle 2 is now out Yakattack Gaming 8 12-16-2010 06:27 PM

Humble Bundle THQ Deal - Great Games

Old 11-29-2012 at 09:07 PM   #1
ak21

Liked: 14 Times

Humble Bundle THQ Deal - Great Games
Hi Everyone,
Humble Bundle has another great deal coming up like always. This time, its better then the rest (in my opinion). Get a bunch of THQ games for only $1 or up; choose what percentages go where.

This time you get:
Darksiders
Metro 2033
Red Faction: Armageddon
Company of Heroes
Company of Heroes: Opposing fronts
Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor
------
Saints Row: The third (Beat the Average)

https://www.humblebundle.com/

If there's already a thread like this please delete this but I never found one like it.....

AngryBean, justinsftw all say thanks to ak21 for this post.

Grover likes this.
Old 11-29-2012 at 09:49 PM   #2
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Those games are neither indie, nor fun looking. Good deal, nonetheless, but I would put all my purchase to charity if I were to buy.
Old 11-29-2012 at 10:36 PM   #3
Zachary

Liked: 77 Times

Hm, I don't know. I've heard good things about Darksiders, Metro 2033, and Red Faction. So I might get it for them.

As far as the others are concerned, they don't interest me and I don't like Saints Row.
Old 11-29-2012 at 10:36 PM   #4
AngryBean
Account Locked

Liked: 129 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
Those games are neither indie, nor fun looking. Good deal, nonetheless, but I would put all my purchase to charity if I were to buy.
You are kidding, right? Company of Heroes is the best RTS since original StarCraft, it basically moved the whole genre a mile ahead. And Company of Heroes 2 has all chances to improve it.
Old 11-29-2012 at 10:50 PM   #5
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

As an avid rts fan, I never really liked COH. Maybe it was just too different from what I was used to. Neglecting my points, COH is definetly one of the higher praised games
Old 11-29-2012 at 11:01 PM   #6
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

I got this bundle for Red Faction, Saints Row and Metro. The COH I didn't even care about
Old 11-29-2012 at 11:15 PM   #7
Grover
The Law
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 254 Times

Quote:
Those games are neither indie, nor fun looking.
There's no "indie" in the title.

Also, have you ever played a Saint's Row game?
Old 11-29-2012 at 11:20 PM   #8
AngryBean
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post

I hear you can kill people with giant purple *****s in it.
Old 11-29-2012 at 11:59 PM   #9
ak21

Quote:

Agreed; I never put "indie" in the title; but Humble Bundles are usually Indie bundles; so easy to assume its another Indie bundle when clicking on this . Ya; I had Saints Row 2 and its fun to mess around; even though it can be glitchy (not sure if that's a word) at times.

Interesting fact: Apparently THQ's stocks went up by 40% after their Humble Bundle deal: http://www.slashgear.com/thq-stock-c...ndle-29259008/
Old 11-30-2012 at 06:47 AM   #10
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:

That's the only one I havn't tried. Admittedly, I was just a bit annoyed that Humble seemed to have been a bit more commercialized. I REALLLLY don't like Company of Heroes
Old 11-30-2012 at 07:19 AM   #11
AngryBean
Account Locked

Quote:
That's the only one I havn't tried. Admittedly, I was just a bit annoyed that Humble seemed to have been a bit more commercialized. I REALLLLY don't like Company of Heroes
Why dont you like it?
Old 11-30-2012 at 09:40 AM   #12
Amaryll
My math prof is hotter.

Liked: 326 Times

Quote:
You DO realize that this sale is going on because THQ is desperate, right? Their stocks have gone wayyy down, and this is essentially saving them. If you don't think these games look fun at all, why don't you just donate directly to charity? That way you save Humble Bundle / THQ the cost of having to process your purchase. :/

Actual stock value visible here.
Old 11-30-2012 at 12:31 PM   #13
AngryBean
Account Locked

Jesus, 1 buck for a stock. The university should totally buy those guys. Would make a hell of a gaming software engineering program.

You are right. EA is worth 10 times their value, and EA is one step from being sold. You can just imagine how crappy things are going in THQ.
Old 12-02-2012 at 11:19 AM   #14
ak21

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryBean View Post
Jesus, 1 buck for a stock. The university should totally buy those guys. Would make a hell of a gaming software engineering program.
That would be interesting though if McMaster was to buy THQ (which they wouldn't in my opinion). There's more they can do with it then just software engineering as well; a million different ways they can take advantage of this.

Though their slightly going up; their at $1.45 right now; only time can tell what happens to THQ; though I don't feel like anything too drastic will happen to them; this happens frequently in the Game Industry seeing as how their a project based industry; they go up and down (in my opinion)

P.S: I am in no way a market expert; but just thought of stating what i think, feel free to refute or support it.