MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Letter Of Permission(LOP)?? paula112 Academics 2 08-13-2012 12:22 PM
Letter of Permission Acceptance Snowman Academics 6 06-15-2012 01:26 AM
letter of permission MacJk First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 04-20-2012 12:34 AM
Letter of permission shannon.d Academics 0 05-31-2010 10:14 AM
Letter of Permission (Eng) cowcow Academics 3 04-24-2010 03:42 PM

Letter of permission

Old 12-22-2012 at 08:31 PM   #1
Abhimint

Liked: 4 Times

Letter of permission
Hey Iam in 2nd year of engineering
I was wondering that if you failed math 2z03 and still wanted to take math 2zz3, could you use a letter of permission to accomplish that?

Thanks in advance
Old 12-22-2012 at 09:35 PM   #2
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 580 Times

You would need a requisite waiver. Letters of permission are for courses taken at other universities.

The waiver isn't guaranteed though...there's probably a pretty good reason that math 2Z03 is a prereq for math 2ZZ3, and if you are failing the first one, why would you expect to do better on the second course which builds off of it? I'm not asking you to answer the question, but they might ask when you request a waiver.
Old 12-22-2012 at 10:35 PM   #3
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

You would have to talk to the prof to sign a waiver for the course, but I have no idea what your chances are of actually getting one are.
Old 12-23-2012 at 08:37 AM   #4
Abhimint

Liked: 4 Times

Alright thanks guys...requisite waiver is what I have to get now