MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Life Science 2H03 Alchemist11 2nd Year Course Reviews 21 12-20-2016 01:52 PM
Life Science 2H03 Alchemist11 2nd Year Course Reviews 7 02-01-2012 08:16 PM
Can anyone post a review for Life Science 2H03? janeny Academics 5 06-15-2010 10:09 PM

Life Science 2H03 Assignment

Old 03-23-2012 at 01:45 PM   #1
jamiebenyovi

Liked: 7 Times

Life Science 2H03 Assignment
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone here is in Life Sci 2H03!
My friends and I are having some difficulty understanding exactly what Dr. Bernier is asking for in terms of evidence for this assignment. We've posted on the discussion boards and emailed him and we aren't really getting responses that are making the assignment clearer for us.
For example, I was thinking of doing Ocean Acidification as the "change" but I'm having trouble with the evidence part for this. Is Dr. Bernier looking for experiments that actually take measurements of the pH of the ocean, or is he looking for experiments that have show corals, organisms, etc. that are being affected by this change in pH which is evidence that it has changed?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

DMe3 likes this.
Old 03-23-2012 at 03:37 PM   #2
Yogurt

Liked: 237 Times

Any form of scientific literature that you can site and say, "Hey, look, these scientists have found solid, tangible evidence that the ocean is in fact getting more acidic." It goes without saying that primary articles are best. Anything that can serve as evidence.

If a study was done that found that the calcification process of organisms is being affected negatively, and they attributed that to ocean acidification, then that counts as evidence. If a study was done taking pH levels of oceans in various regions over time intervals and it was found that the oceans are getting more acidic, then that counts as evidence.
Old 03-23-2012 at 03:41 PM   #3
demelo_b

Liked: 14 Times

wow, all of his courses are getting way harder...when I took it, we just had a midterm and easy easy online quizzes
Old 03-23-2012 at 04:39 PM   #4
Yogurt

Liked: 237 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by demelo_b View Post
wow, all of his courses are getting way harder...when I took it, we just had a midterm and easy easy online quizzes
We have weekly online quizzes, 2 papers, and the exam. Not horribly bad, but I'd definitely have preferred 2 midterms over the 2 papers. Scientific literature are not my thing at all. It's incredibly difficult to read and understand; somewhat ironic seeing how the profs always tell you to write in the simplest, clearest language possible when writing papers.