MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Solar Suspended? pink_cupcake Academics 5 01-03-2011 08:35 PM
Quinlan Named Oua Athlete And Offensive Football Player Of The Week Sport fan Athletics & Recreation 0 11-02-2010 11:53 AM
Suspended?! Ziggi Academics 1 08-12-2010 04:35 PM
Social Science Faculty’s EE Program - An Interview With Kyle Park samantha__ Academics 0 11-10-2008 07:57 AM

McMaster QB Charged, suspended

Old 09-15-2011
I r Babboon
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 09-15-2011 at 09:19 PM   #15
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times
I think it's so sad that because of one stupid night, he's likely ruined his chances for any future athletic involvement. It's really a shame that one night's events will have such a hold on his future. Obviously, however, being Mac football player comes with more responsibilty than just being a good, clean player on the field. He has to express the same behaviour off the field, and evidently he did not on that one night. I really feel for him. I'm sure he's kicking himself now.

No pun intended.

Old 09-15-2011 at 09:20 PM   #16
RobbyJ

Liked: 13 Times
One of my friends who works security said that a bunch of guys who were hammered were chirping him hard about the loss to Western and went pretty far. Not saying that this is appropriate or anything just saying that understandably he was upset over the loss to a big time rival and had a bunch of super drunk guys going after him like that.

Old 09-15-2011
RyanC
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 09-15-2011 at 09:55 PM   #17
J. Dorey
Elite Member

Liked: 169 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
I think it's so sad that because of one stupid night, he's likely ruined his chances for any future athletic involvement. It's really a shame that one night's events will have such a hold on his future. Obviously, however, being Mac football player comes with more responsibilty than just being a good, clean player on the field. He has to express the same behaviour off the field, and evidently he did not on that one night. I really feel for him. I'm sure he's kicking himself now.

No pun intended.
Not to compare him with the likes of Vick and Burress, but a number of athletes have done far worse than what he did and have been reinstated. If he is really that important to both the program and to Canadian football, it'll be a slap on the wrist. If he gets more than that, then we know how important he really is.

Old 09-16-2011 at 07:16 AM   #18
dabulls

Liked: 14 Times
I'm a huge supporter of Mac athletics but you probably shouldn't be a dick and get drunk and fight the police.

Old 09-16-2011 at 08:29 AM   #19
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabulls View Post
I'm a huge supporter of Mac athletics but you probably shouldn't be a dick and get drunk and fight the police.
Well it depends on how drunk you are which takes a toll on your conciousness which may result in scenarios where you lay your hand on a peace officer.

Old 09-16-2011 at 01:56 PM   #20
dabulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by herBs View Post
Well it depends on how drunk you are which takes a toll on your conciousness which may result in scenarios where you lay your hand on a peace officer.

no it doesn't. intoxication is not a defence for fighting the police, or anyone for that matter.

As arguably the second most recognizable student on campus behind the MSU president he should be setting the example.

Like it or not, many people look up to student athletes and this is not the type of behaviour that Mac should be permitting so kudos to them for suspending him and to the police for charging him.

Old 09-16-2011 at 02:17 PM   #21
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Quote:
no it doesn't. intoxication is not a defence for fighting the police, or anyone for that matter.

As arguably the second most recognizable student on campus behind the MSU president he should be setting the example.

Like it or not, many people look up to student athletes and this is not the type of behaviour that Mac should be permitting so kudos to them for suspending him and to the police for charging him.
You clearly do not understand what I was trying to say.

Old 09-16-2011 at 04:08 PM   #22
J. Dorey
Elite Member

Liked: 169 Times
Quote:
We understand that it takes a toll on your consciousness. Everyone knows that. As a familiar face on campus though, he definitely should have been way more careful and shouldn't have put himself into such a situation where this event could have happened.

Old 09-18-2011 at 06:40 PM   #23
dabulls

Quote:

I think I understand it- you're just out to lunch. I am just telling you the law doesn't give a damn how drunk you are. If intoxication was a defence or even a mitigation circumstance then impaired driving wouldn't be such a big deal would it?

If you drink the the point where you can't behave then you deserve to face the consequences and in this case it happens to be several criminal charges including assaulting a peace officer.

L'Étoile likes this.

Old 09-18-2011 at 06:58 PM   #24
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Quote:
I think I understand it- you're just out to lunch. I am just telling you the law doesn't give a damn how drunk you are. If intoxication was a defence or even a mitigation circumstance then impaired driving wouldn't be such a big deal would it?

If you drink the the point where you can't behave then you deserve to face the consequences and in this case it happens to be several criminal charges including assaulting a peace officer.
When did I say the law gives a damn about how drunk you are?

Old 09-18-2011 at 07:05 PM   #25
RememberTwce
Memento Mori

Liked: 878 Times
Quote:
In your original post you suggested that different levels of intoxication affect whether or not you would attack a cop and (in my opinion at least) implied that he (the QB) had reached a level where he was not in control, and therefore not responsible, for his actions.

Ted was just was saying that it doesn't matter how intoxicated you are, your responsibility for your actions does not waver.

That's what I'm getting from all of this.

Last edited by RememberTwce : 09-18-2011 at 07:07 PM.

J. Dorey likes this.

Old 09-18-2011 at 07:11 PM   #26
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTwce View Post
In your original post you suggested that different levels of intoxication affect whether or not you would attack a cop and (in my opinion at least) implied that he (the QB) had reached a level where he was not in control, and therefore not responsible, for his actions.

Ted was just was saying that it doesn't matter how intoxicated you are, your responsibility for your actions does not waver.

That's what I'm getting from all of this.
You got what I wanted to say down right except for the last part. You're always accountable for your actions.

Old 09-18-2011 at 07:27 PM   #27
sf

Liked: 36 Times
Quote:
I think the problem is that you tried to be a smart ass and it backfired.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search