MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Review Review Starter Category Comments Last Post
Why don't Physics 1B03/Bio 1B03 have any tutorials listed on Master Timetable :| ? m0nica First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 07-12-2010 10:00 AM
Social Media in Niagara Falls lorend MacInsiders Announcements 0 06-04-2010 05:41 AM
Communication Studies and Multi-Media... __lexington First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 05-07-2008 10:07 PM

Media 1B03

Old 06-15-2008 at 10:39 PM   #16
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

Media 1B03
This class is a great course for anyone, you don't have to be in Media to take it. As someone interested in photography it was really good to learn a few new photoshop tricks.

The proff, Dr. Liss Platt (see her review by Chad Click here to read the entire review

says thanks to kokosas for this post.
Old 07-03-2008 at 03:33 PM   #15
samantha__
Elite Member

Liked: 9 Times
Yeah, I got in at the last minute. Most of the people should be first years. I got into it because I want to start a double major in Multimedia next year, so it's a required course for me.
Old 07-12-2008 at 11:48 PM   #16
Chris

Liked: 1 Time
woah i didnt know there was a review section on here until now lol. this class was a lot of fun. projects were interesting and challenge you to figure out new things about photoshop/fireworks. I had taken media courses all through highschool, and still learned a lot from this course so even though it is entry level, there's still a lot you can take from it. I'm double majoring in art and multimedia going into second year/ really enjoyed this course!

oh and can someone pleeeeaaaase post a review of multimedia 2a03?
Old 02-23-2009 at 01:18 PM   #17
**jewel 03**

Liked: Liked 2 Times
hey has anyone taken this course during the summer, I just have to take a course to get my credit (I dropped a course 1st term) and I was thinking of taking this course, but I wanted to know whether it is different in the summer in terms of format. I would have MACTAVISH, A as a prof. Any thoughts would be great, thanks!
Old 04-17-2009 at 11:02 PM   #18
dhillon11

Liked: 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitaa View Post
hey has anyone taken this course during the summer, I just have to take a course to get my credit (I dropped a course 1st term) and I was thinking of taking this course, but I wanted to know whether it is different in the summer in terms of format. I would have MACTAVISH, A as a prof. Any thoughts would be great, thanks!
Me too...anyone have any thoughts?
Old 04-18-2009 at 06:24 PM   #19
macculkin

Liked: 5 Times
photoshop version?
i've never used photoshop before but i'm taking this course because i want to learn! does anyone know which version of photoshop is used for this course? thanks!
Old 04-19-2009 at 06:48 PM   #20
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macculkin View Post
i've never used photoshop before but i'm taking this course because i want to learn! does anyone know which version of photoshop is used for this course? thanks!
They have Photoshop CS3 in the labs used for this course.
Old 06-30-2009 at 01:41 PM   #21
gcruz91

I'm interested in taking this course, but do I have to know how to use photoshop beforehand?
Old 06-30-2009 at 08:03 PM   #22
TTHX

Liked: 62 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcruz91 View Post
I'm interested in taking this course, but do I have to know how to use photoshop beforehand?
nope they'll teach you in tutorial the very basics to get started.

gcruz91 says thanks to TTHX for this post.
Old 07-03-2009 at 12:59 AM   #23
Starkad

Liked: 21 Times
Who do I bug for a spot in this course?
Although I'm going into the sciences, I really love to draw and fool around with computer graphics programs. This sounds like a course that I'd love to take.
My beloved SOLAR tells me that it is full. How I do love SOLAR.
Does anyone know who I'd bug for a spot in the course? Department phone numbers, emails, anything?
Old 07-03-2009 at 01:01 AM   #24
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkad View Post
Although I'm going into the sciences, I really love to draw and fool around with computer graphics programs. This sounds like a course that I'd love to take.
My beloved SOLAR tells me that it is full. How I do love SOLAR.
Does anyone know who I'd bug for a spot in the course? Department phone numbers, emails, anything?
You have to contact the Department of Communication Studies and Multimedia: ext. 23488

You can also keep on trying for the 7 days available. People my drop the course.

Starkad says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 07-03-2009 at 08:53 AM   #25
Starkad

Liked: 21 Times
Thankyou! Although I don't know why anyone would drop it, other than for schedule conflicts :( because it sounds awesome
Old 07-03-2009 at 11:05 AM   #26
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkad View Post
Thankyou! Although I don't know why anyone would drop it, other than for schedule conflicts :( because it sounds awesome
People change their minds. Or maybe they are taking the course because they are trying to get into another course and this is their backup.
Old 07-03-2009 at 12:50 PM   #27
gcruz91

Well I'm definitely hoping a spot opens up b/c this was the elective i RLY RLY wanted and now im stuck with envir sci *sigh*
Old 07-03-2009 at 01:06 PM   #28
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times
I wouldn't get your hopes up too high. They probably won't open a spot for you and I can't see many people dropping it. They'll only open a spot for anyone trying to get into the Multimedia program or a double major with Multimedia for 2nd year.

Have all of your tried getting into both the Evening and the Day sections?

It's being offered in Term 1 and 2 and in Term 2 there are 3 core sections for it. I'm surprised it's full actually. I didn't realize they were offering so many cores for this course this year. 2 with Mactavish, 1 with Hamilton and 1 with Platt.

Of course you can always try though so contact people at the department and see if anyone is willing to open a spot for you.
Old 07-03-2009 at 01:44 PM   #29
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times
Sighh. I would take the evening class, but I already have 15 units in first term, with an evening class already in there. Just have backups guys. I have like 4.

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search