Probation jntyrhds Academics 4 12-31-2011 05:59 PM
reinstatement or probation Qtips Academics 8 07-13-2010 11:24 PM
Academic Probation for OSAP ali999 General Discussion 1 08-10-2009 10:49 AM

OSAP probation

Old 01-08-2013 at 09:02 PM   #1
SarahLee

Liked: 0 Times

OSAP probation
I had a question regarding this issue, I was put on osap probation this year because I failed a course last year during first semester. However, under some unfortunate circumstances I failed one of the courses I had this last semester...what does this put me at? Are they going to take my osap for this current semester as well as the following one in September of 2013?

and if I do really well this semester can I still keep my osap somehow?
Old 01-08-2013 at 09:11 PM   #2
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahLee View Post
I had a question regarding this issue, I was put on osap probation this year because I failed a course last year during first semester. However, under some unfortunate circumstances I failed one of the courses I had this last semester...what does this put me at? Are they going to take my osap for this current semester as well as the following one in September of 2013?

and if I do really well this semester can I still keep my osap somehow?
I googled "osap probation" and this was the first thing that came up.
It's for UWO but since OSAP is provincial the same thing probably applies.

From that I gathered that you don't need to pass every single course, you only need to pass 60% of a full course load, to avoid OSAP probation.

If you have further questions you should direct them to the financial aid office.

anonanon987 likes this.
Old 01-08-2013 at 09:14 PM   #3
jim1
Elite Member

Liked: 360 Times

I don't think osap will stop funding you if you failed 1 course. Just go to the financial aid office, they will help you out. If they don't give you a direct answer, call the osap people and tell them everything. I am sure they will give you a good answer.
Old 01-08-2013 at 10:09 PM   #4
Kudos
Elite Member

Liked: 175 Times

A friend of mine is on OSAP probation right now - first time you fail to pass 60% of your courseload, you basically have to fill out a form explaining what happened and to my understanding pretty much everyone is approved. If you have not reached this phase, you are not on OSAP probation yet.

If you fail in the next academic year to pass 60% of a full courseload, you get to write a letter explaining, and if you don't have decent reasons with documentation, you either have to sit out or self-fund for an academic year, then you get to try again with funding.
Old 04-13-2013 at 11:09 AM   #5
season

is your friend (the one that received academic probation) at Mac?
Old 04-13-2013 at 11:10 AM   #6
season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
A friend of mine is on OSAP probation right now - first time you fail to pass 60% of your courseload, you basically have to fill out a form explaining what happened and to my understanding pretty much everyone is approved. If you have not reached this phase, you are not on OSAP probation yet.

If you fail in the next academic year to pass 60% of a full courseload, you get to write a letter explaining, and if you don't have decent reasons with documentation, you either have to sit out or self-fund for an academic year, then you get to try again with funding.

is your friend at Mac?