MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Parent Information Form Due August 31st feonateresa MacInsiders Announcements 35 08-23-2009 03:15 PM
Parent Information Form? Daman K First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 08-20-2009 10:47 AM
Parent Information Form shleyaa First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 15 07-28-2009 08:43 PM
New Student Form deaner_123 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 07-20-2008 11:55 PM
New student form zaidyusufani First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 06-09-2008 12:50 PM

Parent Info Form

Old 08-29-2007 at 12:09 AM   #1
scott000

Liked: 8 Times

Parent Info Form
When i'd tried to fill this out and sumbit it, i kept getting the same message:

There was an error submitting your form!
Please re-submit your form.

I've tried filling in boxes id previously left blank, changing spacing, etc. to solve the problem but still get the same message (clicking the re-submit link just gives me an error: page cannot load screen).

Any ideas? / Is it important to get this submitted before august 31st?
Old 08-29-2007 at 01:11 AM   #2
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

I'm assuming that because there is a deadline they really want the form.

The only suggestion I can make is to call Housing and Confrence Services, and ask them what to do.

But once you've done that POST what they told you to do so EVERYONE ELSE in your boat can do the same thing.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 08-29-2007 at 09:08 AM   #3
eliwilliam

Liked: 0 Times

Im getting the same message. I really hope this isn't needed that bad... they really didn't do much in terms of pushing the parent forum. I only knew about it thanks to a facebook group :S.
Old 08-29-2007 at 11:39 AM   #4
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

From what I read on the form, its the contact information of your parents. I have a feeling they want it though in case of emergency if they need to contact them.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 08-29-2007 at 01:14 PM   #5
ankitR

hi all,

I had the same problem and ended up emailing the office that manages the form, the Alumni Advancement Office, I asked for alternative methods of submitting the form and the reply I recieved from the Alumni office said to either:

print it out and:

mail it to:
Office of Alumni Advancement
McMaster University
The President's Residence
1280 Main St. W, 2nd Floor
Hamilton, ON
L8S 4K1

or fax it at 905-524-1733

it works for me now anyways (2:21 PM)

Last edited by ankitR : 08-29-2007 at 01:21 PM.
Old 08-29-2007 at 09:08 PM   #6
scott000

Liked: 8 Times

hey all,

i was out all day so didnt see the responses til a few mins ago. As ankitR stated, it seems to be working now (worked for me as well just a couple mins ago). Thanks for the help anyways, altho it seemed all i needed was to be patient lol.
Old 08-30-2007 at 09:49 PM   #7
laffand

what is this for?