MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Review Review Starter Category Comments Last Post
Philos 1C03 Philosophy in Literature Lily88 Academics 1 07-02-2012 12:48 PM
Philosophy 1B03 AND Philosophy 1D03 Annieloveedw Academics 5 01-10-2012 04:20 PM
Philos 1C03 (Philosophy in Literature) Bug324 Academics 1 07-14-2011 10:29 AM
ENG 1c03 paras Academics 6 04-15-2011 08:39 PM
Anyone in Philosophy 3Q03 - Philosophy of Law? MacStudent06 Academics 2 09-29-2010 07:06 PM

Philosophy 1C03

Philosophy 1C03
Dr Sassen
Published by SweetyTweety
07-30-2013
Published by
Elite Member

Philosophy 1C03

The course focused on two major books: The outsider and Blindness. There was supposed to be a third book called "The wall" but the books weren't available for purchase in time so she posted a link to a short story called "The Earthquake in Chile".

She basically spent about 5-6 lectures on each book, going over the chapter-by-chapter summaries, and the rest of the lectures going over the authors' biographies.

I personally loved both books, and found the class very interesting, but I didn't really like Dr. Sassen's lecturing techniques. She's a very sweet lady, but she tends to digress a lot.
The slides she uses during lecture are very detailed and she also posts them on avenue (which is great for studying for the exam) but I found the lectures and notes to be pretty useless if you actually have read the books, because it's the exact same thing. However, if you're too lazy to crack open the books, then the lectures are your best friend.

The evaluations were made based on tutorial participation, 1 short assignment (I think it was either 1 or 2 pages), 2 essays, and the final exam.

If you're interested in Philosophy or English, or you just need an interesting elective, I definitely recommend taking this course.
Deleted Post
Edit/Delete Message
Click here to add your own review for Philosophy 1C03!

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search