MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Second year Commerce courses questions anonanon987 General Discussion 25 05-02-2012 02:49 PM
questions about some courses.. Chevalier Academics 5 06-02-2011 05:12 PM
Questions about cancelled courses Kathy2 Academics 7 01-25-2011 08:15 PM
First Year's Questions...full courses... Danielle.g First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 07-13-2010 10:45 PM
Courses, roomates and other assorted questions Tailsnake First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 17 08-24-2008 07:23 PM

Questions about some 3rd year Bio Courses

Old 05-19-2012 at 12:39 PM   #1
lt93

Liked: 69 Times

Questions about some 3rd year Bio Courses
Are they not offering nucleus anymore this year? Mol Bio 3H03, I can't find it anywhere. But there's Mol Bio 2B03 which sounds similar, is this a new course or did they just cut out nucleus?

Also there's no course review on Mol Bio 3M03 Fundamental concepts of development which was previously Bio 3M03, does anyone have any info on this course? I'm really interested!

What classes did you Science students take in 3rd year or what classes will you be taking? I have so much room for electives that it's a little overwhelming!
Old 05-19-2012 at 01:01 PM   #2
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lt93 View Post
Are they not offering nucleus anymore this year? Mol Bio 3H03, I can't find it anywhere. But there's Mol Bio 2B03 which sounds similar, is this a new course or did they just cut out nucleus?

Also there's no course review on Mol Bio 3M03 Fundamental concepts of development which was previously Bio 3M03, does anyone have any info on this course? I'm really interested!

What classes did you Science students take in 3rd year or what classes will you be taking? I have so much room for electives that it's a little overwhelming!
Nucleus and cytoplasm got meshed together as one course.

lt93 says thanks to nerual for this post.
Old 05-19-2012 at 01:46 PM   #3
karna

Liked: 28 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lt93 View Post
these are some of the courses me and my friends took

Biology 3ss3
Biochem 3g03
Life Sci 3a03
Env Sci 3ee3
Science 3EP3
Kin 3ss3
Med Phys 4xx3
Sanskrit 3A06

lt93 says thanks to karna for this post.
Old 05-19-2012 at 02:03 PM   #4
Angoose
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

Nucleus/Cytoplasm became Molbio3B03.

lt93 says thanks to Angoose for this post.
Old 05-27-2012 at 01:20 PM   #5
rkb12

Liked: 33 Times

One review for Mol Bio 3M03: http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea... ghlight=3m03

More for Mol Bio 3M03: http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...light=bio+3m03

Also, on the mol bio group on facebook someone posted this:
"I didnt take the course, but a friend did .. and I had Campos as a prof for MOL BIO 3II3 ... she's honestly HORRIBLE :( .. her testing style is tricky because its so poorly worded that sometimes you have to pay attention to some specific word she uses in the question, but sometimes you need to ignore her poor wording .. another thing is that her tests are worth so much and she has so few questions - like on our 3II3 midterm each M/C was worth 2% of our final mark and the questions were so irrelevant - like she didn't test any of the main concepts - all details. My friend said that 3M03 was very similar in that sense (he had 3II3 too at the same time) - the good thing about 3II3 is that Campos only teaches half of the course. Also, I really didn't like her lecturing style either - she would spend like 10-15 minutes on 1 slide (sometimes like 30 minutes) and just ramble on forever. She's very smart and actually very funny during lectures - but her tests are a HUGE turn-off for any of her courses :(
Ps. the style of her tests may change next year, cause she got TONS of complaints from both 3II3 and 3M03 students .. so if you're lucky she may make more questions on her tests"

It doesn't sound too good because of Campos. I also want to know whether the labs are every week or EOW.
I'm in the mol bio program so I don't have much elective space Basically taking lots of Mol Bio courses (3B03, 3II3, 3O03, 3V03, probably 3M03, probably 3Y03), Evolution (Bio 3FF3), and Bioinformatics (Bio 3S03).