MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
URGENT! Help with reinstatement Form (Program code) lifesciman1 Academics 1 06-28-2012 09:17 AM
Medical Radiation Sciences program = Hardest undergrad program ? mastercool First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 11-27-2011 10:27 PM
Faculty and Program Series Part Seven: Medical Radiation Sciences Program jhan523 Faculty & Program Series 1 09-05-2009 12:53 AM

Reinstatement into A Different Program

Old 07-30-2014 at 02:06 PM   #1
engzheng

Liked: 2 Times

Reinstatement into A Different Program
Hi guys,

Could anyone who's been reinstated into a program different than the one you were originally registered in share some info on this particular subject under reinstatement?

I tried to apply for reinstatement into MATLS Eng instead of Eng Phys (the one I failed out of) and was rejected. Although not taking a year off might be the main issue but I feel the change of programs might have also been a factor. I've sent an email yesterday to Dr. Hoyt (Department Chair of MATLS Eng) to ask for specific reasons for their decision to reject my reinstatement; I haven't got a reply yet.

I am attending Mohawk starting September anyway; I just don't wish to get rejected again next year due to the same mistake without even knowing it.

Also, please feel free to ask for or share any info if you are also going to Mohawk or any other college this year. Thank you!

Best,
Wei
Old 08-04-2014 at 04:47 PM   #2
kevin2016

Liked: 0 Times

Hi there Wei
What I would do is check in the undergraduate calendar, the 2014-15 one, just Google that. Go to your faculty, the Faculty of Engineering, and look in there and read about reinstatement, what the policy is. Or just go to the part that says general academic regulations for your faculty or for the whole of McMaster university (this is near the start of the undergraduate calendar), which is applied to all students in all faculties.

That might help my friend, other than that I am not sure what to say really, but just thought I'd try to help you out. Good luck with it and hopefully you are able to figure that out.

engzheng says thanks to kevin2016 for this post.