French 2J03 nh999 2nd Year Course Reviews 0 12-29-2008 09:50 AM

Soc Sci 2J03

Old 06-25-2008 at 08:12 AM   #16
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Soc Sci 2J03
Just when you thought you were done math...you have to take Stats. Despite myself not being the most mathmatically inclined person, I did well in this class.

Bruce was a good prof, who provided really good examples and went through everything step-by-step. The assignments, although...

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 06-12-2013 at 12:23 AM   #15
Chewie

Liked: 2 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimzy View Post
Does anyone know what the other professor is like?
MAGEE, LJ
is the name for the day section this year
Since this was from two years ago, I was wondering if anyone has a review of this course with this prof? MAGEE is the same prof that will be teaching this course in the 2013-2014 school year.
Old 06-12-2013 at 10:21 AM   #16
Kudos
Elite Member

Liked: 175 Times
Magee is a good guy, but his lectures are super dull. I guess the material is pretty dry to begin with. Most of the class stopped going after the first midterm.

Breakdown was two midterms at 20% each, two small assignments at 5% each (took about an hour to do, just simple Excel stuff) and a 50% final. He posts practice questions from each chapter that are very similar to what you'll see on the tests, and he slides he posts are pretty thorough so there's not much need to actually GO to class... if you put in any effort at all, you should get at least an 11.
Old 09-09-2013 at 03:50 PM   #17
wasim azher

Liked: 4 Times
thanks. review was helpful
Old 12-10-2013 at 12:36 PM   #18
lsparrow1

Liked: 10 Times
Overall, not a bad class even if you are horrible with numbers (like me). He gives you every possible chance to succeed; his lecture notes are very thorough and the practice questions are very similar to what you will see on the exams and midterms. If you put a decent amount of effort in, it is not hard to get a good mark. Stats is not as scary as you might think!

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search