MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Review Review Starter Category Comments Last Post
Sociology 1A06 (Intro to Sociology) Goce 1st Year Course Reviews 63 08-26-2015 12:04 AM
Sociology 2U06 Smithd37 Academics 4 08-18-2011 01:30 AM
Honors Sociology Question: Sociology 3H06 tee33 Academics 0 03-24-2010 07:06 PM

Sociology 2u06

Sociology 2u06
Published by chryslad
05-08-2012
Published by

Author review
Overall Rating
80%80%80%
Professor Rating
80%80%80%
Interest
70%70%70%
Easiness
90%90%90%
Average 80%
Sociology 2u06

I took this class this year (2012) and found it to be pretty easy. The breakdown was:

We had to write 4 quizzes, two each term, worth 5% each. First term I found the quizzes to be very difficult - I did all of the readings and studied my notes extensively but couldn't seemed to get higher than an 80. The two second term quizzes, however, were significantly easier.

We also had an essay outline (15%) due first term. This was just a brief outline of the final essay and we were allowed to choose whatever relevant topic we wanted. The requirements were very thoroughly outlined and the assignment was fairly simple, although they seemed to have marked the outlines alot harder than the final essays.

The midterm was multiple choice and was worth 20%. It was 90 or so questions and I found it to be extremely easy - most people I talked to got atleast in the 80s.

The final essay was supposed to be 8-10 pages and an expansion on our outline (worth 25%). Once again, the essay expectations were very well laid out and I ended up doing significantly better on it than my outline. As long as you discuss the items she outlines and ensure that your articles are peer reviewed, you should do well.

The exam was worth 20% and was exactly the same as the midterm. It was roughly around the same number of questions and was also multiple choice.

Overall the material was pretty interesting. All lectures are podcasted and the tutorials have optional attendance. Dr. Colavecchia's teaching style is also amazing; she speaks very clearly, loudly and fluently. I had no problems keeping up with the lecture material.

I also found that the class was very heavily focused on women's experiences within the family over time - I'm surprised it isn't cross listed as a women's studies class (or maybe it is?). I would definitely suggest it as a bird course.

kristinb says thanks to chryslad for this post.
Deleted Post
Edit/Delete Message
Click here to add your own review for Sociology 2u06!

Old 08-03-2012 at 08:16 AM   #2
chryslad

Liked: 5 Times
Course syllabus
I figured I would attach the course outline as well. Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: doc SOC2U06ColavecchiaCourseSyllabus20112012.doc (93.5 KB, 29 views)

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search