MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ANYONE at all dropping STATS 2B03 1D or BIO 2B03 1D? oxelhs Academics 4 08-20-2011 09:58 PM
summer; Bio 2B03 and Stats 2B03 Shannon Academics 19 04-10-2010 05:02 PM
Take Stats 2B03 AND Stats 1CC3? kumquat Academics 7 06-23-2009 10:20 AM
STATS 2B03 vs STATS 2D03 jhan523 Academics 2 06-13-2009 12:53 AM

Stats 2B03 question

Members have rated post #425308 as the best response. Skip right to it!
Old 07-01-2017 at 10:11 AM   #1
scrambledeggs

Liked: 0 Times

Stats 2B03 question
This is what it says for the prerequisite:

Prerequisite(s): One of Grade 12 Data Management U, STATS 1A03, 1L03 or registration in Level II or above of a program in the Faculty of Science

I have not taken Grade 12 data, and don't plan on taking either of the two stats mentioned. Am I still eligible to take this Stats 2B03 in second year if I am registered in a level II program at the faculty of science?

I'm just trying to clarify because I'm choosing my courses for first year (lifesci), and need to know if I have to take a stats course.

Thanks!
Old 07-01-2017 at 07:03 PM   #2
Imperious

Liked: 27 Times

Yes you are eligible if you are registered in level II of a science program.
Old 07-02-2017 at 11:49 AM   #3
topkek

Liked: 23 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrambledeggs View Post
This is what it says for the prerequisite:

Prerequisite(s): One of Grade 12 Data Management U, STATS 1A03, 1L03 or registration in Level II or above of a program in the Faculty of Science

I have not taken Grade 12 data, and don't plan on taking either of the two stats mentioned. Am I still eligible to take this Stats 2B03 in second year if I am registered in a level II program at the faculty of science?

I'm just trying to clarify because I'm choosing my courses for first year (lifesci), and need to know if I have to take a stats course.

Thanks!
How did you get into uni without even knowing what 'or' means?

old guy likes this.
Old 07-03-2017 at 06:20 PM   #4
old guy

Liked: 5 Times

First year "stats" is an utter waste of time. There's one single section a year, and it's in the supermax room at Burke where there's never any seats and it always smells of unbathed children.