MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
switching Bio2D03 lab faulkner16 Academics 0 08-10-2011 09:55 PM
Switching into kin PockyWarrior Academics 2 04-12-2010 07:38 PM
switching faculties? m&ms Academics 2 02-27-2010 01:32 AM
Switching cores and tutorials... Alchemist11 General Discussion 3 08-11-2009 12:34 PM
Switching to management ali999 Academics 5 07-28-2009 11:10 AM

switching tutorials

Old 09-10-2012 at 10:17 PM   #1
jake0405

Liked: 0 Times

switching tutorials
Hi, i would like to just know that if the tutorial switching is still possible after "drop and add" date

Thank you
Old 09-11-2012 at 08:22 AM   #2
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Tutorial switching can happen on an informal basis and may not necessarily be reflected on your official timetable.

If you speak to your professor about switching tutorials, many of them will do it for you, and you'll be enrolled in that tutorial according to the prof, but not according to SOLAR.

Be sure to give adequate reason as to why you want to switch, because tutorials are arranged in a way that ensures all TAs have an equal number of students to mark.
Old 09-11-2012 at 08:55 AM   #3
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

Are you sure you can't just change it on SOLAR? I did it for a second semester class, but thought you could do it now too.

(This question is not directed at the OP, but others)
Old 09-11-2012 at 09:24 AM   #4
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

SOLAR simply recognizes what it's told to recognize, so obviously it doesn't know that certain conflicts/whatever else can actually be worked around. So from what I know/have been told, no, it's not possible at the moment.
Old 09-11-2012 at 09:28 AM   #5
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 580 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
Are you sure you can't just change it on SOLAR? I did it for a second semester class, but thought you could do it now too.

(This question is not directed at the OP, but others)
The drop/add dates are different for first and second term. If the drop/add date for a certain term has passed, you can't make any changes on SOLAR for that term.