MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Res waiting list :( time to give up hope? bubblegum3 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 08-14-2010 11:27 AM
★★★Questions About Minors★★★(Hope the Title is long and fancy enough to attract you) smshlyxlhl Academics 8 07-27-2010 10:45 PM
Feeling down? Need some hope? lawleypop General Discussion 14 08-22-2009 11:59 PM
Project Hope Eva C MacInsiders Announcements 0 06-03-2008 10:18 PM

There *is* still hope

Old 10-07-2010 at 09:29 PM   #16
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AelyaS View Post
Whenever I find something lost, I either turn it in to Customer Service (if it's in a store) or the nearest Lost and Found location, right away. I can only imagine how horrible it must feel to lose something important.

I do that, too! Because something may seem insignificant to you, but can mean the world to someone else.

crazyfree likes this.
Old 10-07-2010 at 10:04 PM   #17
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

Actually one of the most touching things ever was when I was at the beach as a kid. It had started pouring rain suddenly and everyone was rushing off of the beach to their cars which were up this hill. I had been reading LOTR and in the rush to get all of my family's stuff off of the beach I had left my book sitting on the hood of the car. After gathering everything we ran back up to the car and my book was gone. It was my fave book and had been a gift from my sister, not to mention a special edition with all three books in one. I was devastated (nerdy, I know). "How sucky are ppl to steal my BOOK" I thought. Then I looked under the car...there was my book placed nicely away from the rain.
This touched me because they really didn't have to do that, you know? Returning lost things..most of us have the decency to do that...but to be conscientious enough to think "Hey, that kids book is going to get ruined by the rain" and then move it...I really like that ppl care enough to do things like that

Old 10-07-2010 at 10:18 PM   #18
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

In the 9th Grade, I was walking to my bus stop in the middle of a huge thunder storm. I didn't have an umbrella with me because the forecast didn't predict a storm of such magnitude, so I only wore a rain jacket.

I was soaking wet. Water everywhere. I still had about 10 minutes till my stop came. This girl who was walking behind me, ran up and shared her umbrella. She walked me to my stop, even though she was going in a different direction. Apparently she lives in one of the houses near the bus stop, and I always hope to see her, but I never have.
Old 10-07-2010 at 10:21 PM   #19
Jamalf

Liked: 49 Times

i found someones iclicker in my lecture hall a couple days ago and am currently in the process of back tracking it with one of my professors to find out the persons macid so i can email them

AelyaS likes this.
Old 10-07-2010 at 10:23 PM   #20
temptingf8
Elite Member

Liked: 129 Times

P-p-p-powerbook!
Old 10-07-2010 at 10:45 PM   #21
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

I once found a brand new cell phone and because the school office was closed, I went throug the person's contacts, dialed "Home", and told the people that I would wait at school for them to come pick it up.
Old 10-07-2010 at 11:15 PM   #22
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

Wow, so much talk about nice things. Some people arent so lucky though.
Old 10-07-2010 at 11:26 PM   #23
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxsumz View Post
Wow, so much talk about nice things. Some people arent so lucky though.

I hope this thread gets even bigger than Things That Are Annoying

crazyfree likes this.
Old 10-07-2010 at 11:34 PM   #24
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

I do these kind of things every day?

p.s. there is no hope
Old 10-08-2010 at 01:46 AM   #25
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

You're an optimistic one. Share some of that pl0x.