MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Easiest Bio course you've taken kwyhan Financial Aid 2 06-06-2012 07:24 PM
Easiest 1st year electives? MackenzieS Academics 11 06-28-2011 08:06 PM
Easiest Second year economics course? kanishka Academics 4 08-19-2010 04:24 PM
Which engineering fields are the easiest? ash1709 Academics 0 06-08-2010 09:09 AM
The Top 3 Easiest Courses You've Ever Taken spyder83 Academics 40 06-25-2009 09:56 PM

which btech stream is the easiest

Old 07-24-2012 at 06:40 PM   #1
nan100

Liked: 3 Times

which btech stream is the easiest
okay so i just need a stream that is easy enough so i can get a high enough average to transfer next year to eng. any suggestions. Biotechnology, Process Automation or Automotive and vehicle. im good with math got an 8 in 1ZA3.
Old 07-24-2012 at 07:21 PM   #2
Philipp31
Elite Member

Liked: 192 Times

Take whatever interests you most... and perhaps factor in which eng stream you want to go into
Old 07-24-2012 at 07:34 PM   #3
nan100

Liked: 3 Times

i want to go into mechanical but need to get high grades in btech first so need to avoid difficult courses.
if there are any btech people does anyone know which btech courses are difficult so i know which to focus more on
Old 07-24-2012 at 07:52 PM   #4
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Liked: 106 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nan100 View Post
i want to go into mechanical but need to get high grades in btech first so need to avoid difficult courses.
if there are any btech people does anyone know which btech courses are difficult so i know which to focus more on
Take the automotive stream! 90% of the first year courses are the same across the streams anyways.
Old 07-24-2012 at 09:58 PM   #5
jim1
Elite Member

Liked: 360 Times

Since you mentioned mechanical engineering you should do the automotive stream...all first year btech students take the same course except for few different ones:

Biotech people take >>> bio and analytical chem (1ac3)
Process people take >>> analytical chem (1ac3) and visual basics
Automotive people take >>> mechanics (statics) and visual basics

If you got an 8 in 1za3 you should be fine for the math courses in btech.. actually if you took 1zb3 and 1zc3 then you would be good to go, since the first term math is based on integration(zb3) and linear algebra(zc3).
Since you are coming from eng, I assume they are gonna give you transfer credits so you would take like 4 courses each term. Watch out for c++ and electricity...
Good luck !