Professor Rating
80%80%80%
Interest
70%70%70%
Easiness
80%80%80%
Average 78%
CSCT/English 3Y03

I took the class Term II of 2008-2009 with Jeffery Donaldson.

This course is open to all students, regardless of if you are in an English/CSCT program or not. There were a LOT of non-Humanities students in this course, taking it as an elective.

The course breakdown was as follows:

Four multiple choice WebCT quizes (8% each) - 32%
One two-page essay - 15%
One four page essay - 20%
Final Exam - 33%

There was a lot of texts to cover in the course; 9 books, 4 films, 5-7 poems, and several versions of 3 fairy tales. The books were all relatively short (less than 250 pages), but I overheard many non-English/CSCT students were complaining there was a lot of reading and not enough time. I was irritated with the fact that the films were not screened during class time. However, all were available to purchase from Titles, and 3/4 could be easily downloaded. The quizzes were based on content (i.e. did you read the piece) rather than analysis, so for the most part they were pretty easy. The essays were (in my opinion) very easy as well.

The exam was two hours, and we were expected to answer 50 multiple choice and write one essay. We were given 12 possible essay topics beforehand, with 4 showing up on the exam.

aya017 says thanks to lorend for this post.
Deleted Post
Edit/Delete Message
Click here to add your own review for CSCT/English 3Y03!

Old 09-05-2012 at 04:31 AM   #2
achonuac

Liked: 0 Times
great course seens interesting
Old 06-17-2013 at 11:13 AM   #3
ChellayB

Liked: 0 Times
Is there any way you can recall what books you read? I've enrolled in the class for this upcoming year and I'm really looking to maybe get through some of the books over the summer.

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search