MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Review Review Starter Category Comments Last Post
Chemistry 1AA3 Questions TLulu First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 01-01-2010 10:59 AM

Chemistry 1AA3

Old 07-01-2008 at 07:02 PM   #76
kenneth526
Elite Member

Liked: 41 Times

Chemistry 1AA3
Overview
Chemistry 1AA3 is a continuation of Chem 1A03 and discusses organic chemistry, additional bonding topics (orbital hybridization), chemical kinetics, buffer solutions, intermolecular forces, and a new topic,...

all say thanks to kenneth526 for this post.

likes this.
Old 04-28-2012 at 10:13 AM   #75
Philipp31
Elite Member

Liked: 192 Times
I had Dr. Berti who left about 3 weeks in and was eventually replaced by Dr. Brock, although im unsure what happened the way the other profs filled in was awesome. All of the first year chem profs are amazing.

The material was interesting and challenging so study hard and things will go well, seriously just practice! The labs were much better then 1A03.

Overall I would have to say this is my favourite first year course! Best of luck to those who take it, feel free to PM me with questions, I took it Winter 2012.
Old 04-28-2012 at 10:53 AM   #76
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philkolb31 View Post
I had Dr. Berti who left about 3 weeks in and was eventually replaced by Dr. Brock, although im unsure what happened the way the other profs filled in was awesome. All of the first year chem profs are amazing.

The material was interesting and challenging so study hard and things will go well, seriously just practice! The labs were much better then 1A03.

Overall I would have to say this is my favourite first year course! Best of luck to those who take it, feel free to PM me with questions, I took it Winter 2012.
Dr Berti had to take time off for health reasons. But yeah, you're good to go with pretty much all of the profs
Old 09-05-2012 at 03:00 PM   #77
hogevec

Liked: 0 Times
go to locke's class, she explain stuff really well
Old 09-08-2012 at 03:27 PM   #78
Quiver

Liked: 126 Times
Does anyone know if chem 1AA3 uses the same textbook as chem 1A03? Thank you!
Old 09-08-2012 at 04:30 PM   #79
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times
^it does.

trick with this class is just to memorize and understand the slides. the theory u get tested on is nearly word for word from the slides. the math is just rearrangement so do a few problems to get used to the math.

Quiver says thanks to Silver for this post.
Old 09-08-2012 at 05:54 PM   #80
laucw2

as long as you can do the practice midterms/exams with little to no trouble and without much reference to your slides (since everything you need to study is in the slides), then you'll do fine
Old 12-06-2012 at 06:29 PM   #81
coolcass88

Hardest course i've ever taken at mac :/
Old 12-17-2012 at 06:58 PM   #82
unspoken

which chapters do u guys start with?
Old 12-22-2012 at 03:37 PM   #84
elleolley

Is a lot of the information cumulative from chem 1AO3 ? I.e. if I didn't get quite the mark I had hoped for, am I screwed for chem 1AA3 ? haha thanks
Old 12-24-2012 at 12:40 PM   #85
ashish_s

anyone interested in trading lab times? i've got thursday 2:30 but can't attend it due to a conflict :/

would be greatly appreciated!
Old 12-25-2012 at 01:53 AM   #86
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elleolley View Post
Is a lot of the information cumulative from chem 1AO3 ? I.e. if I didn't get quite the mark I had hoped for, am I screwed for chem 1AA3 ? haha thanks
no. there is acid and base stuff but they teach you better methods for solving those problems and go over all the theory again and the lecture notes are better for the acid/base stuff
Old 12-26-2012 at 01:27 PM   #87
Alomar12

Liked: 42 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish_s View Post
anyone interested in trading lab times? i've got thursday 2:30 but can't attend it due to a conflict :/

would be greatly appreciated!
If you have a legitimate academic conflict, speak to Dr. Landry. He will most likely accommodate you.
Old 01-03-2013 at 05:45 PM   #88
convicting

Liked: Liked 2 Times
Are labs due the next day or the same day like i chem 1a03?

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search