MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
End Goal Of Dating? Desda Dating & Relationships 279 12-09-2010 03:27 PM
Torrenting sites/Watch TV Online sites lorend Movies & Television 13 09-09-2010 01:05 PM
has anyone else heard of these sites? marauders89 General Discussion 9 03-04-2009 01:06 PM
MacInsiders Articles on Dating Chad CLOSED: Dating & Relationships 0 06-18-2008 09:21 AM
Some Dating Ideas… lorend Misc 4 09-30-2007 04:42 PM

Dating sites

Old 04-15-2010 at 01:47 AM   #16
larp

Liked: 8 Times

Now I just have to finish my vampirism virus and I'll be all set.

... as long as you don't ask me to sparkle. Seriously.

so does being awake at near 3 AM and posting this make a vampire (bat)?
Old 04-15-2010 at 01:47 AM   #17
etoilex3

Liked: 65 Times

and a conversation about the ethics of dating turns into a harry potter v. twilight discussion =)

Old 04-15-2010 at 02:04 AM   #18
Rossclot

Liked: 137 Times

Every few years another piece of crap comes out and ruins people's perception of relationships. Disney has been doing it for years, although the last disaster was the Notebook.
Old 04-15-2010 at 02:36 AM   #19
Kelsey18
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 14 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenu View Post
I started to hate the terrible grammar before I hated on the poorly developed charachters. And halfway through the book, the "dazzling" ( you know the dazzling right?).. got annoying.. but I just had to know-_- what happens...
I'm more of a Harry Potter obsessed/freak/crazy person... Crucio to all who disagree
Harry Potter is legitimately my favorite thing about my childhood.

I'm not above saying that.

Cassanova likes this.
Old 04-15-2010 at 02:52 AM   #20
Cassanova

Liked: 30 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey18 View Post

I love Harry Potter too! Every single book, every single page, every single word.

Last edited by Cassanova : 04-15-2010 at 02:52 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-15-2010 at 03:25 AM   #21
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:

My brother had to read harry potter for class one year. He's retarded, so my parents or I would have to read it with him to explain everything, and help him with the bigger words. I read a chapter or so with him, and was like "WTF this is stupid. "Hermione" is not even a real name. Muggle hate is lame. Flying around on broomsticks, what a bunch of idiots", etc. Then when he finished the book, he watched the movie. I watched the last half, then the first half, then went out and bought the books and got addicted.

Cassanova likes this.
Old 04-15-2010 at 03:25 AM   #22
Keenu

Liked: 15 Times

To all those J.K. Rowling fans out there, here's a video + transcript of her Harvard commencement address in 2008...its a bit long, but very inspiring.
http://harvardmagazine.com/commencem...ce-imagination

Cassanova says thanks to Keenu for this post.
Old 04-15-2010 at 04:01 AM   #23
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenu View Post
I started to hate the terrible grammar before I hated on the poorly developed charachters. And halfway through the book, the "dazzling" ( you know the dazzling right?).. got annoying.. but I just had to know-_- what happens...
I'm more of a Harry Potter obsessed/freak/crazy person... Crucio to all who disagree
Now now, they weren't all poorly developed. I liked Jasper's backstory; he was such a badass. Also he wanted to eat Bella.

I could start listing off everything I hated about Bella but I'm afraid I have an exam in about four hours and I don't think I'll be able to stop in time.

I will, however, mention one of the few things that annoyed me about Harry Potter. Deathly Hallows spoilers, in case you're still living in 2007. Highlight to read.

Ron opening the Chamber of Secrets. Seriously, wtf were you thinking, Rowling? She spent six books building up how being a Parseltongue was a trait that represented the darkest of wizards, but suddenly Ron makes a few hissing noises and it works?

Although I'm extrapolating now, I think snakes would find that incredibly offensive. As an Asian, I'm somewhat annoyed when people imitate Chinese with like, "ching chang chong" and I think snakes would feel the same way had they known of what Ron did.

End spoilers.

Last edited by Entropy : 04-15-2010 at 04:04 AM.

Keenu, Moo!io, reeves like this.
Old 04-15-2010 at 04:06 AM   #24
Keenu

Liked: 15 Times

Okay I see your point... BUT... I want to argue that maybe it was a memory that stayed with him forever, since second year. And he remembered exactly how Harry said it?
And yes Jasper was bad ass, but I guess when I think about Snape, and how he had so many sides to his character, and all these characters in the Potter series where there was no shame of admitting flaw.. and then twilight is basically..perfection .. so much perfection. They don't have flaws.. and the conception thing from breaking dawn? And Bella's big reveal being self preservation..serious ly? Okay I'm spending way too much time procrastinating through this topic.

Last edited by Keenu : 04-15-2010 at 04:09 AM.
Old 04-15-2010 at 07:12 AM   #25
Kelsey18
Account Disabled by User

I just want to say that when Keenu and reeves liked Entropy's post, I definitely thought it say "Keanu reeves likes this."

Also, I disliked Snape throughout the entirety of the series, regardless of new plot revelations. I didn't know if I was being tricked, so I figured I'd just keep disliking him.

Alchemist11, Geek, Boolean like this.
Old 04-15-2010 at 07:37 AM   #26
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
I just want to say that when Keenu and reeves liked Entropy's post, I definitely thought it say "Keanu reeves likes this."

Also, I disliked Snape throughout the entirety of the series, regardless of new plot revelations. I didn't know if I was being tricked, so I figured I'd just keep disliking him.
LOL @ Keanu Reeves.

Maybe it's just because I'm an Alan Rickman fan, but since I saw the first movie before reading any of the books, Snape has been my favorite all along. I see/read Snape, and I picture Hans Gruber taking over Nakatomi Tower.
Old 04-15-2010 at 08:14 AM   #27
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

I'm sorry, but if anyone thinks that the 6th book is legitimately a good book, you have no taste.

I REFUSE to finish the series because of that book.

/facepalm.

800 pages of SHIT (just guessing, don't actually remember how long it was)

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 04-15-2010 at 08:44 AM   #28
thedog123123
Crazy Physicist

Liked: 313 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
I'm sorry, but if anyone thinks that the 6th book is legitimately a good book, you have no taste.

I REFUSE to finish the series because of that book.

/facepalm.

800 pages of SHIT (just guessing, don't actually remember how long it was)
I agree after the 5th book of HP the series just sucks. She messed up big time when writing the 6th and 7th.
Old 04-15-2010 at 09:12 AM   #29
Kelsey18
Account Disabled by User

The 7th was awful.
I thought it was a crappy way to end the series. And the "17 (19?) years later..." part ruined it even more.
Old 04-15-2010 at 09:12 AM   #30
Hallandale

Liked: 16 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souldier View Post
recent studies and statistics show that women cheat more than men and also have more sexual partners than men nowadays.

Women have more sexual partners than men? Like on average? If we're talking heterosexual sex alone (as implied), I'd like to point out that this is, by its very definition, a completely false statement.

Dating sites like match or eharmony or lavalife are fairly useless for people who are undergrad age (Think... Under 24 or so. Sorry if I'm excluding people here, I know my degree'll be finished when I'm like 25 anyways ahaha). There aren't very many people our age who would pay, when there are sites like Plentyoffish that let you on for free.

Most people just put up a profile for fun and see what happens.

If you're thinking of trying a dating site, go for it, but be careful.
A lot of the guys on the site are absolutely pathetic, and this is their last resort.
A lot of the profile are fake, and the people behind them are weirdos.
A lot of the guys who seem really well put together are huge players and professionally trained people, who are just on the site to get laid.