MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
End Goal Of Dating? Desda Dating & Relationships 279 12-09-2010 03:27 PM
Torrenting sites/Watch TV Online sites lorend Movies & Television 13 09-09-2010 01:05 PM
has anyone else heard of these sites? marauders89 General Discussion 9 03-04-2009 01:06 PM
MacInsiders Articles on Dating Chad CLOSED: Dating & Relationships 0 06-18-2008 09:21 AM
Some Dating Ideas… lorend Misc 4 09-30-2007 04:42 PM

Dating sites

Old 04-15-2010 at 04:29 PM   #46
Hallandale

Liked: 16 Times

There's this other funky thing that's (i suppose) an extension of the Pareto Principle that's relevant for economics.

Overall, somewhere around 20% of men in the world have sex with 80% of the women.

Old 04-15-2010 at 04:30 PM   #47
Nosh

Liked: 17 Times

Again , realistically how many girls do you know that bang more than guys do ?
Old 04-15-2010 at 04:31 PM   #48
Hallandale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souldier View Post
Another thing, more men are born than women, roughly 106 men are born for every 100 women. This also skews results. Also, if you disregard outliers, like "players" who have had hundreds of partners from both sexes (there are many more male players than female players), it's pretty easy to see how you the average woman in today's society has sex with more partners than the average man.
I'll be sexist if you want

Women that have sex with a lot of men aren't players, they're sluts, silly

Why the double standard?

A key that opens a lot of locks is a master key. A lock that gets opened by a lot of keys is a crappy lock

@Nashwa: I know more male virgins than female virgins. Ignore the fact that I'm in engineering (zing!), that's probably the way it is for people our age.

Alchemist11, Entropy like this.
Old 04-15-2010 at 04:35 PM   #49
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 256 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosh View Post
Again , realistically how many girls do you know that bang more than guys do ?
Well it depends on what kind of girls and guys you're comparing. I know some girls who get laid by a lot of guys and some girls who don't, and I know some guys who get laid quite a bit and guys who don't get laid at all. I know of plenty of guys who are still virgins, but I honestly don't know of a single girl that is still a virgin. The thing is, it's a lot easier for a woman to get sex in today's society, combine that with the fact there are less negative connotations with women having sex than ever before, and it's easy to see why girls have more partners than men.

sniderj likes this.
Old 04-15-2010 at 04:38 PM   #50
Hallandale

Quote:
The thing is, it's a lot easier for a woman to get sex in today's society

WHO'S SEXIST NOW?!!?!?!?!

Actually, it has nothing to do with "today's society". Look at the animal kingdom. The females are the choosers, and the males are the ones who have to impress them (think.. bright peacock feathers!). It's the way it is. We just have popped collars instead of feathers

PS Nashwa come on msn or fbchat plz

Old 04-15-2010 at 04:40 PM   #51
Nosh

Quote:
Well it depends on what kind of girls and guys you're comparing. I know some girls who get laid by a lot of guys and some girls who don't, and I know some guys who get laid quite a bit and guys who don't get laid at all. I know of plenty of guys who are still virgins, but I honestly don't know of a single girl that is still a virgin. The thing is, it's a lot easier for a woman to get sex in today's society, combine that with the fact there are less negative connotations with women having sex than ever before, and it's easy to see why girls have more partners than men.
I can not seriously believe this ( like I do respect what you are saying and understand it but am in disbelief that you do not know a single girl virgin) . I don't know guys I know get action way more than girls I know to my knowledge .
Old 04-15-2010 at 04:42 PM   #52
Hallandale

Quote:

SRA Kinesiology Caucus Leader

Aww aren't you cute

Old 04-15-2010 at 04:45 PM   #53
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Well, I thought all of my female friends were non-virgins until we had a sex conversation where everyone started bashing me and then I found out that they're all virgins.

On the other hand, I don't know a single male who is a virgin. And my male:female friend ratio is like.......

I dunno, 10:1?

Edit: I'm not saying that this is statistical proof but I just find it hard to believe that one could know guys that are virgins and not know a single girl who is still a virgin.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Last edited by lawleypop : 04-15-2010 at 04:48 PM.

Moo!io says thanks to lawleypop for this post.
Old 04-15-2010 at 04:46 PM   #54
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 256 Times

Quote:
I can not seriously believe this ( like I do respect what you are saying and understand it but am in disbelief that you do not know a single girl virgin) . I don't know guys I know get action way more than girls I know to my knowledge .
How is it hard to believe that I don't know a single female virgin? Most of the people I know are my about my age, 20. Considering girls are sexually mature anywhere from 13-16, it's rare that a girl would still be a virgin by the time they're 20. And in general, guys will tend to overstate the amount of action they get, while girls will tend to understate.
Old 04-15-2010 at 04:47 PM   #55
Boolean

Liked: 169 Times

While getting a dose of exam procrastination I stumbled onto this thread and read through it. Some interesting opinions were shared, but people, we all know where this is going, if not, ill tell you.

There will be another exchange of arguments until everyone realizes that a change in these "stats" is required. Someone will then declare a mass MacInsiders OrGy and order will be restored.

Let me be the first in asking, Where? and when?

if(at_first_you_dont_su cceed) break;

BlakeM likes this.
Old 04-15-2010 at 04:47 PM   #56
Hallandale

OR MAYBE UHHHHHHH

Your results are both skewed.

If you're a guy, you're not often talking with girls about their virgin/nonvirgin status.

If you're a girl, you only hear from the guys who are HAVING SEX that they're having sex. Guys like to brag. Master key!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian View Post
While getting a dose of exam procrastination I stumbled onto this thread and read through it. Some interesting opinions were shared, but people, we all know where this is going, if not, ill tell you.

There will be another exchange of arguments until everyone realizes that a change in these "stats" is required. Someone will then declare a mass MacInsiders OrGy and order will be restored.

Let me be the first in asking, Where? and when?
Since you asked, and you're engineering, I'll have to put it in my yearplan!

Last edited by Hallandale : 04-15-2010 at 04:55 PM.

Boolean, Nosh like this.
Old 04-15-2010 at 07:33 PM   #57
MD-L
2011-2012 MSU President

Liked: 187 Times

....I was still laughing at talking bout twilight.
Old 04-15-2010 at 09:25 PM   #58
Nosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD-L View Post
....I was still laughing at talking bout twilight.
speaking of which .. I dont get why girls "want to find their edward cullen"

he is gross. FACT

jamescw1234 likes this.
Old 04-15-2010 at 09:25 PM   #59
larp

Liked: 8 Times

Maybe we should all get together and do a "scientific experiment" to see which group gets more...
Old 04-15-2010 at 09:45 PM   #60
lmasud

Liked: 33 Times

Well, since we're in the Twilight conversation:

"Today, I woke up after drunkenly hooking up with a girl who was really into Twilight. I felt bruises on the lower end of my neck and so I went to the mirror and checked it out. She bit me, 5 times. FML"

"Today, I woke up and looked in the mirror and noticed that my face was covered in glitter. I asked my wife about it and she said she put it on me while I was sleeping so that I would sparkle like Edward from Twilight when I'm in the sunlight. FML"